Paris Baguette is fresh out of the oven in Rockville
In the first big opening at Rockville Town Square since new owners took over last fall, Paris Baguette made its debut this week at the corner of Gibbs Street and East Middle Lane. This is the first Maryland location for the South Korean chain, which has a major presence in New York and is now aiming for 1,000 U.S. stores by 2030. Paris Baguette is known for its coffee and fresh baked goods — croissants, cookies, pastries and pies, as well as grab-and-go sandwiches, breads, and a variety of fancy cakes. The Rockville location features ample seating plus a picture window where you can watch the pastry chefs in action.
Golf store tees up in Rockville
Nearly a year after the PGA Tour Superstore opened its doors at White Flint Plaza, a second golf store is swinging into Rockville. Say hello to Golfdom — a fixture in Tysons for the past 40 years, now open in the former Pier 1 space at Pike Center. Employees promise “more of a boutique experience” than the massive PGA store, with a smaller but robust selection of equipment, golf clothes and simulators, as well as custom fitting services and repairs.
Let Rose's cater your big event
If you’re looking to throw a truly impressive party, your timing is excellent: D.C.’s Rose’s at Home just launched a new catering venture that combines the talents of Rose’s Luxury, Pineapple & Pearls and Little Pearl. Staffers from this Michelin-starred trio will cook for and serve your guests at any location — from an intimate backyard wedding reception to a large corporate event at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. Don’t need servers? They’re also happy to drop off the party menu at your door. Choose from one-of-a-kind dishes like Frida and Dali egg custards; miso-ginger abalone; funfetti short stacks with 24-karat gold maple syrup; and black truffle ice cream topped with Ossetra caviar, sprinkles and Gummy Bears. Want to learn more? Chat with Rose’s special events team: Call (202) 240-2584 or click here.
So long sushi
Hinode Japanese Restaurant, home of the all-you-can-eat sushi buffet, will close its doors on May 15th at Rockville’s Congressional Plaza. Located on the back side of the shopping center, where more than a few jokes have been made about the aquarium store next door, Hinode had been in business for 30 years. If you’re looking for another all-you-can-eat sushi spot in that area, Umi Sushi & Seafood Buffet is on its way to the former Miller’s Ale House space.
The Store Reporter Guide
A weekly guide sponsored by some of our favorite local businesses
- HANNA’S CONNECTION clothing boutique, upstairs inside the Cabin John mini-mall. Stop in to see our spring fashions in person, schedule a private appointment, or arrange a virtual shopping session. Curbside pickup & shipping available. Shop new arrivals on Facebook and Instagram. Call us: (301) 704-0264. Website: hannasconnection.com.
IBHANA BOUTIQUE is the place to shop your favorite U.S. & Canadian designers: Joseph Ribkoff, IC, Snoskins, Moonlight, Lisette, Lior, Terra, Piccadilly, Habitat & more. Complete your outfit with a beautiful piece of jewelry & matching handbag, & walk out as your best self. New location: Federal Plaza in Rockville, 1776 East Jefferson Street, Suite 116. Open Monday-Saturday 10-5, Sunday 11-4. Phone: (301) 424-0906. Website: ibhana.net.
- JOYFUL BATH CO.: We make our own soaps, shower steamers, bath bombs, soy candles, Turkish towels & custom baskets. All our products are vegan & cruelty-free, paraben & phthalate-free, great for sensitive skin, no SLS or detergents, no glittery mess. We ship, we offer curbside pickup, or visit us in person: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturdays. 5534 Wilkins Ct., North Bethesda. Call (301) 986-5320. Website: joyfulbathco.com.
- KAUFMANN JEWELERS: Fine jewelry, custom jewelry, large & small repairs. Father & son George & Corey Kaufmann are carrying on the family tradition: offering an upscale shopping experience while preserving the handshake-generation, family-business mentality. Whether we’re designing your custom piece, showing you our collection or handling your repairs, Kaufmann Jewelers strives to build lifelong clients. Call us: (301) 978-7778. Visit us at Park Potomac, 12500 Park Potomac Avenue. Website: kaufmannjewelers.com.
- LEBONDAY: A lifestyle boutique featuring high-end designer goods without the high-end price tag. Check out our new store at Congressional Plaza, 1643-A Rockville Pike, specializing in designer retail & resale. We offer 15% off on Mother’s Day. Join our VIC Club loyalty program — you shop & you save. Follow us on Instagram: @LeBonDay. Phone: (240) 249-5908. Website: lebonday.com.
- LEILA JEWELS is the online address for the jewelry, gifts & Judaica shop you used to love at Cabin John Shopping Center. Since closing the shop a few years ago, owner Deb Shalom has gone virtual with a unique & beautiful selection of everything from gemstones & sterling silver to Murano glass from Venice & Judaica from Alef Bet Jewelry & Joy Stember Studios. Every price point, every occasion. Free shipping for all jewelry & hand-delivery for customers in the Potomac area. Catch us in person Sundays at the Cabin John farm market! Website: leilajewels.com.
- MOSAIQUE DESIGNS: Bethesda artist Shelley Dane blends traditional mosaic techniques with modern designs & resin finishes. She takes custom orders for beautiful, functional serving trays inspired by what’s meaningful to you: your home, your dog, your favorite spot, your favorite photo. Perfect for wedding gifts, anniversaries & milestone birthdays. Check out recent pieces on Instagram. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (301) 367-6735. Website: mosaiquedesigns.com.
- OUR GIFT BIZ: Mother’s Day is May 14th. Show your appreciation for those who take such good care of you! We’ll take this task off your plate & save you time, energy & effort. Shop online at ourgiftbiz.com, or work with our “gift concierges” to create the perfect custom gift. Just let us know your budget and when & where to send the gifts; we’ll take care of the rest. Phone: (240) 406-8701. Website: ourgiftbiz.com.
- SUSAN KOEHN DESIGNS: Where fun shines. Come see our collection of fine jewelry. Classy. Edgy. Timeless. Check out our latest on Facebook & Instagram. Call, text, email or DM for a private appointment at our showroom. Email susankoehndesigns.com. Phone: (301) 704-7605.
BUYING & SELLING JEWELRY
- JUST JEWELS: Ready to sell your jewelry? Lee Siegel has been buying & selling diamonds, fine jewelry & watches for 25 years. Modern & older cuts, engagement rings, loose diamonds, vintage pieces & brands like Cartier, Tiffany, Van Cleef & Arpels, David Webb, Chopard, Bvlgari, David Yurman, Rolex, Cartier, Patek Philippe & Omega. License #2801. Call our office in Bethesda: (301) 525-7561. Email email@example.com. Website: justjewelsusa.com.
- STX GOLD: We can help you settle any estate. Get full value for all precious metal items — gold jewelry, sterling silver flatware & silver serving pieces. We’ll do an in-home appointment, no obligation, to evaluate your items. Call (301) 318-9788. Visit our website & check the current price of gold: stxgold.com.
KIDS & TEENS
- TIPS ON TRIPS AND CAMPS: What are your kids doing this summer? We’re here to offer ideas, expertise & plenty of options. Tips on Trips and Camps has been around for half a century, guiding families like yours to the best summer options for their students ages 7-18+. All our services are FREE to families. No need to figure this out alone — we are happy to help, with plenty of ideas for summer 2023! To get started on your summer plan, call Lisa Bulman Mullen: (561) 703-6448 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOME & PROFESSIONAL SERVICES