Are you ready for reopening?
Local restaurants may begin opening up their dining rooms next week as Montgomery County prepares for the second phase of reopening. What will that look like? Cashless transactions, socially distanced tables, masked wait staff and continuous disinfection of the seating areas. Stores and gyms will be allowed to reopen too, but traffic will be limited to one customer per 200 feet of floor space. Depending on the judgment of county officials, the transition to Phase II could begin as early as Monday.
Permanent closings in Rockville
It looks like we can add Honeyfish Poke to the list of local restaurants that won’t be coming back. The Rockville eatery, one of the first in this area to serve up Hawaiian-style raw fish, appears to be permanently closed after a three-year run at Congressional Plaza. Other local restaurants that likely won’t be reopening include Le Pain Quotidien at Cabin John Village (more here), Addie’s at Park Potomac (more here) and Chuy’s on Rockville Pike (more here), not to mention the bankrupt La Tasca at Rockville Town Square (more here).
Nordstrom's back — sort of
There’s still no official word on when Westfield Montgomery mall will reopen, but this week we discovered a little-known secret: The Nordstrom store is already processing returns at a curbside kiosk. If you’ve been doing a little too much online shopping, it’s easy to get rid of those excess purchases. Just pull up your car to Nordstrom’s side entrance, drop your stuff into a plastic bag, fill out a form and be on your way. A socially distanced sales clerk will be standing by to process the transaction after you leave. The only catch: Your returns will be quarantined for 72 hours, so the refund won’t show up in your account for a couple of days.
Diamonds aren't forever after all
Signet Jewelers, parent company of Kay Jewelers, Piercing Pagoda, Jared and Zales, says it will permanently close some 150 stores that have been shuttered due to coronavirus. Another 150 stores will shut down early next year as the jewelry company pares back its brick-and-mortar business. No word yet on what this will mean for Westfield Montgomery mall, which is home to a Kay Jewelers and a Piercing Pagoda, or for the Jared store on Rockville Pike.
The Store Reporter Guide — this week's meals, deals & services
FOOD & DRINKS
- BROOKLYN’S DELI, homemade meats, soups & sandwiches at Potomac Woods Plaza, 1089 Seven Locks Road. Phone: (301) 340-3354. Brooklyn’s Deli would like to thank Eagle Bank for getting us through this extremely rough time. Open daily for carry-out, catering & patio dining. Menu: brooklynsdelimd.com.
- CAVA MEZZE, five locations across the DMV, now offering outdoor dining featuring our Cava lamb chops, scallops risotto & spanakopita. Reservations through our website or OpenTable. Seating is limited, so reservations are strongly recommended but not required. We also offer contactless takeout & delivery featuring family meals, individual platters & (2) for Tuesdays: $40 for two adult booze pouches. More info: cavamezze.com.
- GREGORIO’S TRATTORIA, Italian favorites at Cabin John Village, 7745 Tuckerman Lane. Outdoor seating now open for lunch & dinner, 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. We also offer curbside pickup, pay by phone & contact-free delivery. Full menu, weekly specials plus 1/2 off all wine, beer & cocktails. Phone: (301) 296-6168. Menu: gregoriostrattoria.com.
- GYROLAND casual Greek food, cooked fresh seven days a week. 1701 Rockville Pike in the Shops at Congressional Village, right under the Verizon store. Dine-in service beginning Friday at 5 p.m. Cashless transactions only. Open 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m. Friday & Saturday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday. Pork, chicken, beef and lamb gyros, plus mixed grill and vegetarian options. Free delivery in a five-mile radius with $30 minimum. 1/2 off all wine with your order. Call us: (301) 816-7829. Menu: gyroland.com.
- HUNTER’S BAR AND GRILL, the “Cheers” of Potomac. 10123 River Road. Phone: (301) 299-9300. Open for lunch, dinner and gift card sales. Half-priced bottles of wine with food purchase. Delivery through DoorDash and GrubHub, choose no-contact curbside carryout, or enjoy our patio for outdoor dining. Check Facebook for daily specials. Menu: huntersbarandgrill.com.
- JULII RESTAURANT, located in the heart of Pike & Rose, offering Chef D’s take on timeless French classics. Outside dining now available, featuring signature dishes like foie torchon, crispy trout and salmon crudo. Seating is limited, so reservations are strongly recommended but not required. We also offer contactless takeout & delivery services, plus (2) for Tuesdays: $40 for two adult booze pouches. Call (301) 517-9090 or visit us at julii.com.
- LAHINCH TAVERN AND GRILL, regional American cuisine at Cabin John Village. New menu featuring split grilled bangers, Guinness-battered fish & chips, corned beef & cabbage, shepherd’s pie, chops, steaks & sandwiches. Discounted beer and wine to go. Delivery, carry-out, curbside pickup or enjoy outdoor dining in our new socially distanced patio seating. Call: (240) 499-8922. Menu: lahinchtavernandgrill.com.
- METRO MICROGREENS, locally grown hydroponic microgreens. Twelve varieties available. High in nutrient density and helps boost the immune system. Stays fresh for 10 days to two weeks. Contact-free delivery. Email email@example.com or call (301) 706-4884. To order online: metromicrogreens.com.
- MIRCH MASALA GRILL, Indian cuisine at Westfield Montgomery mall. Now open for curbside pickup 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, with popular dishes like butter chicken, chicken tikka, lamb curry, rice bowls with chicken, vegan dishes & samosas. We also cater for larger groups. Use delivery apps, call (301) 365-0677, or text your order to (240) 432-8077.
- MOBY DICK KABOBS, Persian cooking on the go. Multiple locations in Maryland and the DMV. Potomac location: (240) 660-2626. Rockville location: (301) 738-0005. Open for carry-out, delivery and curbside pickup. Menu: mobyskabob.com.
- MOSAIC CUISINE, modern French cooking in Rockville. Freshly reopened for curbside pickup at 186 Halpine Road or delivery with Grubhub. Offering your favorite waffles, Beef Bourguignon, two-course family meals for four starting at $58, and much more. Order online or by phone: (301) 468-0682. Menu: mosaiccuisine.com.
- MYKONOS GRILL, fine Greek dining in Rockville. 121 Congressional Lane. Our outdoor patio is now open! Indoor dining beginning Friday at 5 p.m. Hours: 11:30 a.m.-9:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 11:30 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday & Saturday, noon to 9:30 p.m. Sunday. Reservations strongly recommended. Cashless transactions only. Carry-out & free delivery in a five-mile radius with $50 minimum. We also work with the major delivery apps. Try our branzino, octopus, lamb chops & vegetarian platters. 1/2 off wine bottles with carry-out. Call (301) 770-5999. Menu: mykonosgrill.com.
- NORMANDIE FARM, pop on over for fine cooking in the heart of Potomac, 10710 Falls Road. Outdoor patio now open! Full menu service, fine wines & spirits, live music Thursday-Sunday evenings, and of course our famous popovers. Also open for carry-out service. Phone: (301) 983-8838. Menu: popovers.com.
- POTOMAC PIZZA, a delicious favorite since 1978. Multiple locations in Maryland and the DMV. Potomac location: (301) 299-7700. Traville location: (301) 279-2234. Chevy Chase location: (301) 951-1127. Offering contact-free delivery, curbside pickup & takeout. Menu: potomacpizza.com.
- QUARTERMAINE COFFEE ROASTERS, locally roasted fresh coffee. Bethesda store open 6 a.m.-3 p.m. daily with drinks, beans & pastries. Use the Quartermaine app or call (301) 718-2853. Also: $5 flat-rate shipping with $30 minimum for beans shipped to your door. Click on the person next to the shopping cart at www.quartermaine.com.
- RSVP CATERING, fine catering & groceries delivered right to your home. Gourmet foods for date night, family meals & everything in between. Store in your fridge, re-heat when ready. Also offering grocery items, essentials & margaritas by the gallon. Call (703) 573-8700 or shop rsvpcatering.com/store.
- SISTERS THAI POTOMAC, Asian & Thai cuisine + desserts. Pickup at Cabin John Village, 7995 Tuckerman Lane. Phone: (301)299-4157. Free no-contact delivery with $30 to $40 minimum order. Menu: sistersthaicabinjohn.com.
- SUGO at Park Potomac, dinner takeout featuring pastas, pizzas & family meals. Feed 4 to 5 people with our hanger steaks, chicken & eggplant parmesan, spicy rigatoni, risotto fritters & more. Try our two-for-$20 pizzas, plus bottled sangria & Sugo Punch. Order via the major delivery apps, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (240) 386-8080 and pick up curbside. Our patio is now open with happy hour from 4 p.m. daily! Menu: eatsugo.com.
- THE GRILLED OYSTER CO., American fare, seafood & drinks at Cabin John Village. 7943 Tuckerman Lane. Try our new $78 Clambake: double Maine lobster, spiced shrimp, steamed clams, corn, potatoes & cole slaw, complete with checked tablecloth. Call (301) 299-9888 or email email@example.com to order. Menu: thegrilledoystercompany.com.
- YEKTA Persian restaurant & market. 1488 Rockville Pike. Restaurant open Tuesday-Sunday for curbside pickup, carry-out & delivery apps; call (301) 984-0005. Market open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday with curbside pickup. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (301) 984-1190. Menu: yekta.com.
- CREATIVE INVITATIONS BALLOONS AND MORE, planning local weddings & mitzvahs for more than three decades. Owner Shelley Poulos can help with everything: choosing your venue, caterer & DJ, selecting favors, decorating & staffing your event. We’ll also decorate the outside of your house with balloons & signs for any occasion. Mention Store Reporter for a discount. Call 301-279-0560 or click here.
- FLASHBACK FILMS, photo & video montages for your special occasion — whether in-person or virtual. Professional montages at affordable prices for all your important milestones: birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, mitzvahs & more. We’re a locally based, student-run company and will work within your budget. Send us your photos and we’ll do the rest. Visit us on Instagram. For video samples & pricing, email email@example.com.
- PALACE FLORISTS, family-owned since 1943. Farm-fresh, gorgeous flower arrangements and beautiful wrapped bouquets, plus festive & fun balloon bouquets, stunning orchid plants and lush green plants. Curbside pickup in Rockville at 4980 Wyaconda Rd., or no-contact delivery throughout the DMV. Call (301) 945-0253 or shop www.palaceflorists.com.
- PARTYSCAPES, custom yard signs for any occasion. Let us set the perfect scene for any celebration: graduations, birthdays, anniversaries, bar/bat mitzvahs & more. 100% contact-less service. Stunning, personalized, larger-than-life designs that will make your celebration POP! Social: @partyscapesdc. Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org. Call us: (855) 369-5904. Website: partyscapes.net.
- SUNNYDYES AT HOME, mobile tie-dye parties for kids & adults. Let us host an event in your backyard or other open space. You pick the project, we’ll bring the tie-dye and all the supplies. Great for kids’ birthdays, adult happy hours & all kinds of special events. Instagram: @sunnydyesathome. For info, call (301) 461-6400 or email email@example.com.
- AUSTYN PARKER, fun jewelry for kids & cute clothes for moms. For kids: Make-your-own jewelry kits & online parties where everyone works on a project together. For moms: We’ve got your favorite brands like LNA, Monrow, Perfect White Tee, Generation Love, Chrldr & Comune. Shop Facebook or Shop Instagram. For gift ideas, party planning & what’s in stock, call us: (301) 706-8122 or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GYM & TONIC, luxury athleisure apparel, now in the comfort of your own home. 20% off all clothes right now. DM us for virtual shopping appointments and delivery in the DMV. Don’t forget to ask about our cute masks with filters. Shop @lovegymandtonic on Instagram. Email us: email@example.com. Call us: (301) 340-8800. Text us: (202) 744-0169.
- HANNA’S CONNECTION clothing boutique. Refresh your closet. Refresh your mood. Soon to reopen at the Cabin John mini-mall, now offering virtual shopping and online orders with free delivery. We carry designer face masks, free with purchase. Call us: (301) 704-0264. Shop Facebook or Shop Instagram.
- KAREN’S ROCKS AND RAGS, new & gently used women’s boutique. On-trend, affordable clothing & accessories. Great selection of face masks $8-$12. Facetime shopping, free shipping on orders over $100, local delivery & curbside pickup at 212 Main Street, Gaithersburg. Almost everything is 20% off right now. Shop Facebook. Shop Instagram. Phone: (240) 476-9800. eBay store: ebay.com/str/karensrocksandrags.
- ON CLOUD 9, trendy boutique for babies, girls and adults. Offering virtual shopping & online orders. Pick up curbside by our Potomac Woods Plaza store, 1085 Seven Locks Road. Many items 20% off right now. Call (301) 251-1331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Shop Facebook or Shop Instagram.
- R BOUTIQUE, a sophisticated & cute clothing store, soon to reopen inside Art & Chemistry by Diego at Downtown Crown. Fully stocked with clothing, jewelry & stylish masks. Tons of casual wear, tie-dye sets, shorts, tank tops, sandals & sneakers. Now offering curbside pickup & free delivery within a 10-mile radius. Shop Facebook. Shop Instagram. Or call Rayna Badwey Matz for a Facebook shopping appointment, (301) 943-2000. To purchase masks, visit rboutique.shop.
- SCOUT & MOLLY’S BOUTIQUE, your North Bethesda fashion destination at Pike & Rose. The store will be reopening on Friday, June 19th at 5 p.m. We have tons of new summer arrivals. Click here for new facemask colors & styles. Shop Instagram. Shop Facebook. We will continue to officer curbside pickup, so feel free to shop online or call us at (301) 348-5047 to help with your shopping needs! northbethesda.scoutandmollys.com.
- JOYFUL BATH CO., natural handmade bath and body care products for spa & wellness at home. 5534 Wilkins Ct., North Bethesda. Soaps, shower steamers, bath bombs, hemp ultra therapy, soy candles, Turkish towels & gift sets plus our own citric acid surface cleaner. Open 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Friday. Call (301) 986-5320 or order online for shipping or curbside pickup: joyfulbathco.com.
- THE BLUE HOUSE, a happy home furnishings & lifestyle boutique with a little bit of everything. Windowshop us: 7770 Woodmont Ave., Bethesda. Call us: (301) 656-6088. Email us: email@example.com. Make a Facetime shopping appointment, ShopFacebook or Shop Instagram. Fast, free delivery from Bethesda to Gaithersburg. thebluehousebethesda.com.
- THE COTTAGE MONET, the perfect gifts for you and yours. Soon to reopen at Rockville Town Square, 36 Maryland Ave. Just arrived: Vera Bradley face masks with filter pockets, just $8 and selling fast. Now taking orders by Facebook, Instagram and email. Website: cottagemonet.com. Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOR THE KIDS
- GAME GYM, now offering online esports afternoon classes & full-week online camps for all ages & skill levels. We provide a healthy balance of gaming, life skills & physical activity. Use code REPORTER20 to save $20 on afternoon classes: https://gamegym.com/game-gym-from-home/. Use code REPORTER30 to save $30 on summer camps: https://gamegym.com/campfromhome/. Questions? Email email@example.com.
- INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF MUSIC, now offering online music lessons. All ages and levels, multiple platforms including Skype, FaceTime and Zoom. Take the next step on your musical journey. Call (301) 365-5888 or visit our website: ismw.org.
- MY GYM LIVE! age-appropriate fun for all the kids. Live interactive 30-minute kids’ fitness classes filled with song, dance, gymnastics, sports and more. Our gyms may be closed, but we’re bringing all the fun you expect from My Gym directly into your house. Now offering My Gym Live! birthday parties and new outdoor classes. More info: mygym.com/potomac.
FURNITURE, ART & COLLECTIBLES
- FREEMAN’S AUCTION, America’s oldest auction house, established in 1805. Potomac-based rep Debrah Dunner will help you consign fine art including modern & contemporary art, jewelry, 20th Century design & more. Virtual appointments, free auction estimates, easy no-contact pickup of your goods. For more info, call (301) 738-0347 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ISI FURNISH, lightly used furnishings & decor at a fraction of the cost. Our white-glove service makes it easy to sell your fine furniture discreetly & professionally. If you’re looking to buy, we offer a wide range of affordable luxury furnishings to match your design and budget. Call us: (971) 337-4403. Shop with us for new items every week: isifurnish.com.
- ISOLDIT, the easy way to turn your stuff into cash. We do the work, you cash the check. Get top dollar for your unwanted electronics, music equipment, jewelry, collectibles & furniture. Looking to reduce equipment or inventory for your business? We can help. Call us: (301) 990-2040. Email us: email@example.com. Safety is our priority — no contact, no worries. More info: www.isolditmd.com.
- JIMMY GUSKY HEATING & AIR, one-stop shop for heating, air conditioning, plumbing and ductwork, serving Rockville & the D.C. area. We always give you an honest opinion and transparent pricing, making repairs when we can and helping you decide when replacement is the better option. Have an emergency? We’re available 24/7. Call (301) 327-7306 or click here.
- MIKE’S LOCKSMITH & SECURITY, offering lock repair and replacement, keyless & touchpad systems plus door hardware, high-security keys and mailbox lockdown. All work guaranteed as long as you own your home. For after-hour emergencies or regular appointments, call (240) 506-7500. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.
- NORMANDY CARPET, excellence in carpet, rug & upholstery cleaning & installation. We’re essential & here to serve you. Spilled wine on your carpet? Dog peed in the house? Flooding from the rain? We follow CDC safety guidelines, and our cleaning method removes dangerous viruses & bacteria. Call (301) 741-2005 or email email@example.com. More info: www.normandycarpet.com.
- TOWN & COUNTRY MOVERS, family-owned moving and storage company, based in Gaithersburg and serving the DMV since 1977. We handle local, long-distance and international relocations, as well as short-term and long-term storage solutions. Our staging division works with local realtors to enhance listings and improve home sales. Call (301) 670-4600 or click here.