The end of Addie's?
Addie’s at Park Potomac has been shuttered throughout the pandemic — and insiders tell us it’s never going to reopen. The upscale restaurant arrived in the summer of 2017, with owners Jeff and Barbara Black promising to recapture the magic of their original Addie’s eatery on Rockville Pike. The Blacks now own nine D.C.-area dining spots, including Black’s Bar & Kitchen, Black Market Bistro, BlackSalt and Pearl Dive. Almost all of them have either remained open, reopened or announced a return date — but not Addie’s. Black Restaurant Group did not return our messages this week.
Adiós La Tasca
In another big blow to the dining scene at Rockville Town Square, the La Tasca restaurant chain has filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy. La Tasca, which specialized in Spanish tapas and sangria, was one of the last original tenants still in business at Rockville Town Square. The company once had four locations, but the Washington Business Journal reports that liquidation is imminent.
Two was too many
If you were wondering how long that two-Walgreens situation was going to last in Potomac Village, the answer is: just a couple more weeks. The drugstore chain has been operating two stores on opposite sides of River Road since 2018, when Walgreens acquired 1,900 Rite Aid locations. The store near Safeway, previously a Rite Aid, is the one that will remain in business. The older Walgreens, near Potomac Grocer, will close its doors June 3rd.
Food, family activities & Memorial Day fun
Our latest “We’re Open!” Guide features plenty of food for your Memorial Day menu, plus new shopping options and fun for the whole family.
- Brooklyn’s Deli, homemade meats, soups & sandwiches at Potomac Woods Plaza. 1089 Seven Locks Road. Phone: 301-340-3354. Brooklyn’s Deli would like to thank Eagle Bank for getting us through this extremely rough time. Open daily for carry-out & catering. Menu: brooklynsdelimd.com.
- Cava Mezze, Greek comfort food. Family meals starting at $50 include kabobs, rice, salad, sandwiches & more. Champagne, batched cocktails, discounted beer, 1/2 off wine. Delivery with multiple apps, or 10% off contactless curbside pickup if you call directly: (301) 309-9090. Menu: cavamezze.com.
- Downtown Crown online services, restaurant takeout and delivery options at Sam Eig Highway and Fields Road, Gaithersburg. Whatever you’re craving, you’ll find it here. For a complete list of what’s available now, visit ShopDowntownCrown.com.
- Gregorio’s Trattoria, Italian favorites at Cabin John Village. 7745 Tuckerman Lane. Phone: 301-296-6168. Open daily for lunch & dinner. Carry-out, curbside pickup, pay by phone & contact-free delivery available. All wine and beer 1/2 off. Menu: gregoriostrattoria.com.
- Gyroland casual Greek food, cooked fresh seven days a week. 1701 Rockville Pike in the Shops at Congressional Village, right under the Verizon store. Pork, chicken, beef and lamb gyros, plus mixed grill and vegetarian options. Free delivery in a five-mile radius with $30 minimum. 1/2 off all wine with your order. Call us: (301) 816-7829. Menu: gyroland.com.
- Hunter’s Bar and Grill, the “Cheers” of Potomac. 10123 River Road. Phone: 301-299-9300. Open for lunch, dinner and gift card sales. Half-priced bottles of wine with food purchase. Delivery through DoorDash and GrubHub, or choose no-contact curbside carryout. Check Facebook for daily specials. Menu: huntersbarandgrill.com.
- Julii, comfort food + market goods. $30 family meals, sandwiches, Chef D’s favorite dishes plus toilet paper, paper towels & flour. Champagne, batched cocktails, discounted beer, 1/2 off wine. Delivery with UberEats, or 10 percent off contactless curbside pickup if you call directly: (301) 517-9090. julii.com.
- Lahinch Tavern and Grill, regional American cuisine at Cabin John Village. Featuring a daily menu with family-style dining options, 1/2 off beer and wine to go, and mixed drinks at happy hour prices. Delivery, carry-out or curbside pickup. Memorial Day BBQ feeds four for $99 with pork ribs, brisket, chicken, bratwurst, coleslaw, corn & scalloped potatoes. Call: 240-499-8922. Menu: lahinchtavernandgrill.com.
- Metro Microgreens, locally grown hydroponic microgreens. Twelve varieties available. High in nutrient density and helps boost the immune system. Stays fresh for 10 days to two weeks. Contact-free delivery. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-706-4884. To order online: metromicrogreens.com.
- Moby Dick Kabobs, Persian cooking on the go. Multiple locations in Maryland and the DMV. Potomac location: 240-660-2626. Rockville location: 301-738-0005. Open for carry-out, delivery and curbside pickup. Menu: mobyskabob.com.
- Mykonos Grill, fine Greek dining in Rockville. 121 Congressional Lane. Carry-out & free delivery in a five-mile radius with $50 minimum. We also work with the major delivery apps. Specialties include branzino, octopus, lamb chops & vegetarian platters. 1/2 off wine bottles with carry-out. Call 301-770-5999. Menu: mykonosgrill.com.
- Normandie Farm, pop on over for fine cooking in the heart of Potomac. 10710 Falls Road. Phone: 301-983-8838. Open for carry-out service. Full menu, popovers & jam to go: popovers.com.
- Potomac Pizza, a delicious favorite since 1978. Multiple locations in Maryland and the DMV. Potomac location: 301-299-7700. Traville location: 301-279-2234. Chevy Chase location: 301-951-1127. Offering contact-free delivery, curbside pickup & takeout. Menu: potomacpizza.com.
- Quartermaine Coffee Roasters, locally roasted fresh coffee. Bethesda store open 6 a.m.-3 p.m. daily with drinks, beans & pastries. Use the Quartermaine app or call 301-718-2853. Also: $5 flat-rate shipping with $30 minimum for beans shipped to your door. Click on the person next to the shopping cart at www.quartermaine.com.
- Sisters Thai Potomac, Asian & Thai cuisine + desserts. Pickup at Cabin John Village, 7995 Tuckerman Lane. Phone: 301-299-4157. Free no-contact delivery with $30 to $40 minimum order. Menu: sistersthaicabinjohn.com.
- Sugo at Park Potomac, dinner takeout featuring pastas, pizzas & family meals. Feed 4 to 5 people with our hanger steaks, chicken & eggplant parmesan, spicy rigatoni, risotto fritters & more. Try our two-for-$20 pizzas, plus bottled sangria & Sugo Punch. Order via the major delivery apps, email email@example.com or call (240) 386-8080 and pick up curbside. Menu: eatsugo.com.
- The Grilled Oyster Co., fine dining at Cabin John Village. 7943 Tuckerman Lane. Phone: 301-299-9888. Limited menu, beer and wine for carry-out & delivery. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to order. Menu: thegrilledoystercompany.com.
- Yekta Persian restaurant & market. 1488 Rockville Pike. Restaurant open Tuesday-Sunday for curbside pickup, carry-out & delivery apps; call 301-984-0005. Market open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday with curbside pickup. Email email@example.com or call 301-984-1190. Menu: yekta.com.
KIDS & FAMILY
- Bows Etc., now making face masks with personality for men, women & kids. Our website has been updated! Your smile may be hidden, but you can still rock fun designs and show off your favorite sports teams & colleges. Our masks are reversible & washable, with three layers of 100% cotton fabric & filter pockets. $14 plus $5 shipping, or porch pickup in the Shady Grove area. Shop bowsetc.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Game Gym, now offering online esports afternoon classes and full-week online camps for all ages and skill levels. We provide a healthy balance of gaming, life skills and physical activity. Use code REPORTER20 to save $20 on afternoon classes: https://gamegym.com/game-gym-from-home/. Use code REPORTER30 to save $30 on summer camps: https://gamegym.com/campfromhome/
- International School of Music, now offering online music lessons. All ages and levels, multiple platforms including Skype, FaceTime and Zoom. Take the next step on your musical journey. Call (301) 365-5888 or visit our website: ismw.org.
- My Gym Live! age-appropriate fun for all the kids. Live interactive 30-minute kids’ fitness classes filled with song, dance, gymnastics, sports and more. Our gyms may be closed, but we’re bringing all the fun you expect from My Gym directly into your house. Now offering My Gym Live! birthday parties. More info: mygym.com/potomac.
- On Cloud 9, trendy boutique for babies, girls and adults. Offering virtual shopping & online orders. We deliver by mail, drop off in a 10-mile radius, or you can pick up curbside by our Potomac Woods Plaza store. 20% off everything right now. Call 301-251-1331 or email email@example.com. Shop Facebook or Shop Instagram.
- The Story House, a carefully curated selection of books & games for kids & adults. Now selling cotton face masks for men, women & kids. Most are reversible, with two patterns; all have a filter pocket. Shop www.storyhouseonline.com or visit us inside Dawson’s Market at Rockville Town Square. Free shipping on orders over $25, free pick-up at Dawson’s in-store or curbside. Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Toy Castle home delivery service. Open for orders 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays. Same-day, no-fee delivery with $35 minimum order. Great outdoor toys & games arriving daily, tons of other items continually re-stocked. Shop for ideas on our Facebook page, call for suggestions and to place your order: (301) 299-0680.
- Austyn Parker, fun jewelry for kids and cute clothes for moms. Now offering make-your-own jewelry kits and online parties where everyone works on a project together. Shop Facebook or Shop Instagram. For gift ideas and party planning, call us: (301) 706-8122 or email us: email@example.com.
- Gym & Tonic, luxury athleisure apparel, now in the comfort of your own home. 20% off all clothes right now. DM us for virtual shopping appointments and delivery in the DMV. Don’t forget to ask about our cute masks with filters. Shop @lovegymandtonic on Instagram. Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org. Call us: (301) 340-8800. Text us: (202) 744-0169.
- Hanna’s Connection clothing boutique. Refresh your closet. Refresh your mood. Soon to reopen at the Cabin John mini-mall, now offering virtual shopping and online orders with free delivery. We carry designer face masks, free with purchase. Call us: 301-704-0264. Shop Facebook or Shop Instagram.
- Karen’s Rocks and Rags, new & gently used women’s boutique. On-trend, affordable clothing & accessories. Great selection of face masks from $8-$12. For Facetime shopping, call (240) 476-9800. Free shipping on orders over $100, local delivery & curbside pickup at 212 Main Street, Gaithersburg. Almost everything is 20% off right now. Shop Facebook. Shop Instagram. eBay store: ebay.com/str/karensrocksandrags.
- R Boutique, a sophisticated & cute clothing store, soon to reopen inside Art & Chemistry by Diego at Downtown Crown. Fully stocked with clothing, jewelry & stylish masks. Free delivery within a 10-mile radius. Shop Facebook. Shop Instagram. Or call Rayna Badwey Matz for a Facebook shopping appointment, 301-943-2000. To purchase masks, visit rboutique.shop.
- Scout & Molly’s Boutique, your North Bethesda fashion destination at Pike & Rose. Open from noon to 6 p.m. for curbside pickup. Also offering free shipping or local delivery. Shop online or contact us for a virtual shopping experience. Click here for our super fashionable (leopard, snake, tie dye) face masks. Check our Instagram for weekly giveaways. Call us: 301-348-5047. Shop: northbethesda.scoutandmollys.com.
- Joyful Bath Co., natural handmade bath and body care products for spa & wellness at home. 5534 Wilkins Ct., North Bethesda. Soaps, shower steamers, bath bombs, hemp ultra therapy, soy candles, Turkish towels & gift sets plus our own citric acid surface cleaner. Open 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Friday. Call 301-986-5320 or order online for shipping or curbside pickup: joyfulbathco.com.
- The Blue House, a happy home furnishings & lifestyle boutique with a little bit of everything. Windowshop us: 7770 Woodmont Ave., Bethesda. Call us: 301-656-6088. Email us: email@example.com. Make a Facetime shopping appointment, Shop Facebook or Shop Instagram. Fast, free delivery from Bethesda to Gaithersburg. thebluehousebethesda.com.
- The Cottage Monet, the perfect gifts for you and yours. Soon to reopen at Rockville Town Square, 36 Maryland Ave.. Now taking orders by Facebook, Instagram and email. Website: thecottagemonet.com. Call us: 301-279-2422. Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- iSoldIt, the easy way to turn your stuff into cash. We do the work, you cash the check. Get top dollar for your unwanted electronics, music equipment, jewelry, collectibles & furniture. Looking to reduce equipment or inventory for your business? We can help. Call us: 301-990-2040. Email us: email@example.com. Safety is our priority — no contact, no worries. More info: www.isolditmd.com.
- Mike’s Locksmith & Security, offering lock repair and replacement, keyless & touchpad systems plus door hardware, high-security keys and mailbox lockdown. All work guaranteed as long as you own your home. For after-hour emergencies or regular appointments, call 240-506-7500. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.
- Normandy Carpet, excellence in carpet, rug & upholstery cleaning & installation. We’re essential & here to serve you. Spilled wine on your carpet? Dog peed in the house? Flooding from the rain? We follow CDC safety guidelines, and our cleaning method removes dangerous viruses & bacteria. Call 301-741-2005 or email email@example.com. More info: www.normandycarpet.com.
Want to advertise your restaurant, store or business in our “We’re Open!” Guide? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.