MoCo starts to reopen
Montgomery County will ease into the first phase of reopening on Monday, June 1st, as some bars and restaurants begin to offer limited outdoor seating along with takeout and delivery. Customers will be allowed to remove their masks while eating and drinking at outside tables. Not much will change for our local stores, which still will be limited to delivery and curbside pickup unless they are deemed “essential.” Fitness centers, movie theaters and indoor malls will remain closed for now. Salons can reopen, but only for haircuts. No waxing, no mani/pedis.
LPQ sells for a song
In this week’s restaurant bankruptcy roundup, we have bad news for fans of Le Pain Quotidien. The company’s U.S. division has filed Chapter 11 and is selling its assets to a New York restaurant operator. LPQ was losing money even before the pandemic; hence the shockingly low sales price of $3 million for all 98 of its U.S. locations. No word yet on whether LPQ will reopen at Wildwood or Cabin John.
Chapter 11 for Tuesday Morning
Tuesday Morning, the Dallas-based discount chain, is the latest national retailer to file Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The company blames coronavirus for its cash-flow problems, but says it expects stay in business after a reorganization. Several hundred Tuesday Morning stores will be closing permanently, including locations in Glen Burnie, Salisbury and Towson. But the retailer already has reopened in Rockville, where its mix of home goods and snacks is apparently considered an “essential” business.
Closing the window on Next Day Blinds
Next Day Blinds has gone out of business after more than a quarter-century in the D.C. area. The company was based in Jessup and had more than a dozen stores, including one on Rockville Pike.
"We're Open!" for dining, shopping & more
Some of the restaurants in this week’s “We’re Open!” Guide will soon begin offering outdoor dining. All will continue to serve you with takeout, delivery and curbside pickup. New in this issue: Indian cuisine, home-style catering and fabulous flowers. And don’t forget to check out our growing options for shopping, services and family fun.
- Brooklyn’s Deli, homemade meats, soups & sandwiches at Potomac Woods Plaza. 1089 Seven Locks Road. Phone: 301-340-3354. Brooklyn’s Deli would like to thank Eagle Bank for getting us through this extremely rough time. Open daily for carry-out & catering. Menu: brooklynsdelimd.com.
- Cava Mezze, Greek comfort food. Family meals starting at $50 include kabobs, rice, salad, sandwiches & more. Champagne, batched cocktails, discounted beer, 1/2 off wine. Delivery with multiple apps, or 10% off contactless curbside pickup if you call directly: (301) 309-9090. Menu: cavamezze.com.
- Downtown Crown online services, restaurant takeout and delivery options at Sam Eig Highway and Fields Road, Gaithersburg. Whatever you’re craving, you’ll find it here. For a complete list of what’s available now, visit ShopDowntownCrown.com.
- Gregorio’s Trattoria, Italian favorites at Cabin John Village. 7745 Tuckerman Lane. Phone: 301-296-6168. Open daily for lunch & dinner. Carry-out, curbside pickup, pay by phone & contact-free delivery available. All wine and beer 1/2 off. Menu: gregoriostrattoria.com.
- Gyroland casual Greek food, cooked fresh seven days a week. 1701 Rockville Pike in the Shops at Congressional Village, right under the Verizon store. Pork, chicken, beef and lamb gyros, plus mixed grill and vegetarian options. Free delivery in a five-mile radius with $30 minimum. 1/2 off all wine with your order. Call us: (301) 816-7829. Menu: gyroland.com.
- Hunter’s Bar and Grill, the “Cheers” of Potomac. 10123 River Road. Phone: 301-299-9300. Open for lunch, dinner and gift card sales. Half-priced bottles of wine with food purchase. Delivery through DoorDash and GrubHub, or choose no-contact curbside carryout. Check Facebook for daily specials. Menu: huntersbarandgrill.com.
- Julii, comfort food + market goods. $30 family meals, sandwiches, Chef D’s favorite dishes plus toilet paper, paper towels & flour. Champagne, batched cocktails, discounted beer, 1/2 off wine. Delivery with UberEats, or 10 percent off contactless curbside pickup if you call directly: (301) 517-9090. Menu: julii.com.
- Lahinch Tavern and Grill, regional American cuisine at Cabin John Village. Featuring a daily menu with family-style dining options, 1/2 off beer and wine to go, and mixed drinks at happy hour prices. Delivery, carry-out or curbside pickup. Call: 240-499-8922. Menu: lahinchtavernandgrill.com.
- Metro Microgreens, locally grown hydroponic microgreens. Twelve varieties available. High in nutrient density and helps boost the immune system. Stays fresh for 10 days to two weeks. Contact-free delivery. Email email@example.com or call 301-706-4884. To order online: metromicrogreens.com.
- Mirch Masala Grill, Indian cuisine at Westfield Montgomery mall. Opening Saturday (March 30th) for curbside pickup 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, with popular dishes like butter chicken, chicken tikka, lamb curry, rice bowls with chicken, vegan dishes & samosas. We also cater for larger groups. Use delivery apps, call (301) 365-0677, or text your order to (240) 432-8077.
- Moby Dick Kabobs, Persian cooking on the go. Multiple locations in Maryland and the DMV. Potomac location: 240-660-2626. Rockville location: 301-738-0005. Open for carry-out, delivery and curbside pickup. Menu: mobyskabob.com.
- Mykonos Grill, fine Greek dining in Rockville. 121 Congressional Lane. Carry-out & free delivery in a five-mile radius with $50 minimum. We also work with the major delivery apps. Specialties include branzino, octopus, lamb chops & vegetarian platters. 1/2 off wine bottles with carry-out. Call 301-770-5999. Menu: mykonosgrill.com.
- Normandie Farm, pop on over for fine cooking in the heart of Potomac. 10710 Falls Road. Phone: 301-983-8838. Open for carry-out service. Full menu, popovers & jam to go: popovers.com.
- Potomac Pizza, a delicious favorite since 1978. Multiple locations in Maryland and the DMV. Potomac location: 301-299-7700. Traville location: 301-279-2234. Chevy Chase location: 301-951-1127. Offering contact-free delivery, curbside pickup & takeout. Menu: potomacpizza.com.
- Quartermaine Coffee Roasters, locally roasted fresh coffee. Bethesda store open 6 a.m.-3 p.m. daily with drinks, beans & pastries. Use the Quartermaine app or call 301-718-2853. Also: $5 flat-rate shipping with $30 minimum for beans shipped to your door. Click on the person next to the shopping cart at www.quartermaine.com.
- RSVP Catering, fine catering & groceries delivered right to your home. Gourmet foods for date night, family meals & everything in between. Store in your fridge, re-heat when ready. Also offering grocery items, essentials & margaritas by the gallon. Call (703) 573-8700 or shop rsvpcatering.com/store.
- Sisters Thai Potomac, Asian & Thai cuisine + desserts. Pickup at Cabin John Village, 7995 Tuckerman Lane. Phone: 301-299-4157. Free no-contact delivery with $30 to $40 minimum order. Menu: sistersthaicabinjohn.com.
- Sugo at Park Potomac, dinner takeout featuring pastas, pizzas & family meals. Feed 4 to 5 people with our hanger steaks, chicken & eggplant parmesan, spicy rigatoni, risotto fritters & more. Try our two-for-$20 pizzas, plus bottled sangria & Sugo Punch. Order via the major delivery apps, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (240) 386-8080 and pick up curbside. Menu: eatsugo.com.
- The Grilled Oyster Co., fine dining at Cabin John Village. 7943 Tuckerman Lane. Phone: 301-299-9888. Limited menu, beer and wine for carry-out & delivery. Email email@example.com to order. Menu: thegrilledoystercompany.com.
- Yekta Persian restaurant & market. 1488 Rockville Pike. Restaurant open Tuesday-Sunday for curbside pickup, carry-out & delivery apps; call 301-984-0005. Market open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday with curbside pickup. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-984-1190. Menu: yekta.com.
- Austyn Parker, fun jewelry for kids and cute clothes for moms. Now offering make-your-own jewelry kits and online parties where everyone works on a project together. Shop Facebook or Shop Instagram. For gift ideas and party planning, call us: (301) 706-8122 or email us: email@example.com.
- Gym & Tonic, luxury athleisure apparel, now in the comfort of your own home. 20% off all clothes right now. DM us for virtual shopping appointments and delivery in the DMV. Don’t forget to ask about our cute masks with filters. Shop @lovegymandtonic on Instagram. Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org. Call us: (301) 340-8800. Text us: (202) 744-0169.
- Hanna’s Connection clothing boutique. Refresh your closet. Refresh your mood. Soon to reopen at the Cabin John mini-mall, now offering virtual shopping and online orders with free delivery. We carry designer face masks, free with purchase. Call us: 301-704-0264. Shop Facebook or Shop Instagram.
- Karen’s Rocks and Rags, new & gently used women’s boutique. On-trend, affordable clothing & accessories. Great selection of face masks, $8-$12. For Facetime shopping, call (240) 476-9800. Free shipping on orders over $100, local delivery & curbside pickup at 212 Main Street, Gaithersburg. Almost everything is 20% off right now. Shop Facebook. Shop Instagram. eBay store: ebay.com/str/karensrocksandrags.
- R Boutique, a sophisticated & cute clothing store, soon to reopen inside Art & Chemistry by Diego at Downtown Crown. Fully stocked with clothing, jewelry & stylish masks. Free delivery within a 10-mile radius. Shop Facebook. Shop Instagram. Or call Rayna Badwey Matz for a Facebook shopping appointment, 301-943-2000. To purchase masks, visit rboutique.shop.
- Scout & Molly’s Boutique, your North Bethesda fashion destination at Pike & Rose. Open from noon to 6 p.m. for curbside pickup. Click here for our super fashionable (leopard, snake, tie dye) face masks. Free shipping, curbside pickup or local delivery. Shop online or contact us for a virtual shopping experience. Check our Instagram for weekly giveaways. Call us: 301-348-5047. Shop: northbethesda.scoutandmollys.com.
- Joyful Bath Co., natural handmade bath and body care products for spa & wellness at home. 5534 Wilkins Ct., North Bethesda. Soaps, shower steamers, bath bombs, hemp ultra therapy, soy candles, Turkish towels & gift sets plus our own citric acid surface cleaner. Open 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Friday. Call 301-986-5320 or order online for shipping or curbside pickup: joyfulbathco.com.
- The Blue House, a happy home furnishings & lifestyle boutique with a little bit of everything. Windowshop us: 7770 Woodmont Ave., Bethesda. Call us: 301-656-6088. Email us: email@example.com. Make a Facetime shopping appointment, Shop Facebook or Shop Instagram. Fast, free delivery from Bethesda to Gaithersburg. thebluehousebethesda.com.
- The Cottage Monet, the perfect gifts for you and yours. Soon to reopen at Rockville Town Square, 36 Maryland Ave.. Now taking orders by Facebook, Instagram and email. Website: thecottagemonet.com. Call us: 301-279-2422. Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
KIDS & FAMILY
- Bows Etc., now making face masks with personality for men, women & kids. Our website has been updated! Your smile may be hidden, but you can still rock fun designs & show off your favorite sports teams & colleges. Our masks are reversible & washable, with three layers of 100% cotton fabric & filter pockets. $14 plus $5 shipping, or porch pickup in the Shady Grove area. Email email@example.com or shop bowsetc.com.
- Game Gym, now offering online esports afternoon classes and full-week online camps for all ages and skill levels. We provide a healthy balance of gaming, life skills and physical activity. Use code REPORTER20 to save $20 on afternoon classes: https://gamegym.com/game-gym-from-home/. Use code REPORTER30 to save $30 on summer camps: https://gamegym.com/campfromhome/
- International School of Music, now offering online music lessons. All ages and levels, multiple platforms including Skype, FaceTime and Zoom. Take the next step on your musical journey. Call (301) 365-5888 or visit our website: ismw.org.
- My Gym Live! age-appropriate fun for all the kids. Live interactive 30-minute kids’ fitness classes filled with song, dance, gymnastics, sports and more. Our gyms may be closed, but we’re bringing all the fun you expect from My Gym directly into your house. Now offering My Gym Live! birthday parties. More info: mygym.com/potomac.
- On Cloud 9, trendy boutique for babies, girls and adults. Offering virtual shopping & online orders. We deliver by mail, drop off in a 10-mile radius, or you can pick up curbside by our Potomac Woods Plaza store. 20% off everything right now. Call 301-251-1331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Shop Facebook or Shop Instagram.
- Toy Castle home delivery service. Open for orders 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays. Same-day, no-fee delivery with $35 minimum order. Great outdoor toys & games arriving daily, tons of other items continually re-stocked. Shop for ideas on our Facebook page, call for suggestions and to place your order: (301) 299-0680.
- iSoldIt, the easy way to turn your stuff into cash. We do the work, you cash the check. Get top dollar for your unwanted electronics, music equipment, jewelry, collectibles & furniture. Looking to reduce equipment or inventory for your business? We can help. Call us: 301-990-2040. Email us: email@example.com. Safety is our priority — no contact, no worries. More info: www.isolditmd.com.
- Mike’s Locksmith & Security, offering lock repair and replacement, keyless & touchpad systems plus door hardware, high-security keys and mailbox lockdown. All work guaranteed as long as you own your home. For after-hour emergencies or regular appointments, call 240-506-7500. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.
- Normandy Carpet, excellence in carpet, rug & upholstery cleaning & installation. We’re essential & here to serve you. Spilled wine on your carpet? Dog peed in the house? Flooding from the rain? We follow CDC safety guidelines, and our cleaning method removes dangerous viruses & bacteria. Call 301-741-2005 or email email@example.com. More info: www.normandycarpet.com.
- Palace Florists, family-owned since 1943. Farm-fresh, gorgeous flower arrangements and beautiful wrapped bouquets, plus festive & fun balloon bouquets, stunning orchid plants and lush green plants. Curbside pickup in Rockville at 4980 Wyaconda Rd., or no-contact delivery throughout the DMV. Call (301) 945-0253 or shop www.palaceflorists.com.
Want to advertise your restaurant, store or business in our “We’re Open!” Guide? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.