Saying goodbye to some favorites
As we approach the first anniversary of pandemic-related closings, we’re taking a moment to look back at some stores and restaurants that we’ve lost along the way. The sheer size of this list is shocking — but it’s also important to remember a few key things: 1) Some of these businesses were already struggling before any of us had ever heard of the novel coronavirus. 2) Several on this list had not been open long enough to develop a loyal customer base, which might have been willing to support them through the pandemic. 3) A few longtime retailers decided that 2020 was a really great year to retire.
Westfield Montgomery mall, which was forced to close for several months last spring, has lost more businesses over the past year than any other shopping center in our area. About half of the mall’s eateries have gone dark since March 2020, along with more than a dozen chain stores: Abercrombie & Fitch, Alex & Ani, Bose, Clarks, David’s Tea, Eyebobs, GNC, Godiva, Hanna Andersson, Marmi, Microsoft, Steve Madden, The Art of Shaving and The Walking Company.
Lord & Taylor also closed up shop in 2020 (more here), as did the entire Pet Valu chain (more here) and Lucky Brand at Pike & Rose (more here). Also gone are ABC’s & 1-2-3’s at Wintergreen Plaza, GameStop at Fallsgrove and It’Sugar at Rockville Town Square (more here). And Cabin John’s beloved Toy Castle closed its doors last summer after 41 years (more here).
On the restaurant scene, here are 25 notable losses of the past 12 months.
- Addie’s at Park Potomac: This three-year-old reboot from Black Restaurant Group never seemed to regain the fan base of its predecessor on Rockville Pike. Most of its sister restaurants managed to survive the pandemic, but Addie’s didn’t make it. The prime corner space already has been filled by a new place: King Street Oyster Bar. More on that in our Jan. 28th edition.
- Aroma at Westfield Montgomery mall: This popular Israeli coffee chain had a seven-year run at the mall, but it couldn’t seem to woo the crowds away from Starbucks. Aroma closed at the beginning of the pandemic and never reopened.
- Bagel City on Rockville Pike: This beloved local landmark was originally expected to reopen for takeout, but a family health challenge made the logistics too difficult. Co-owner Stephanie Kavadoy tells us she hopes to return in the future with a smaller operation.
- Beefsteak at Westfield Montgomery mall: José Andrés’ veggie-centric restaurant closed most of its locations during the pandemic. With popular Cava just across the aisle, Beefsteak rarely seemed to draw much of a crowd at the mall.
- Breadsmith at Cabin John Village: This kosher and nut-free bakery, a franchise owned by locals, was a go-to in Potomac for 12 years. Owners blamed the pandemic when they closed last September.
- Chuy’s on Rockville Pike: The Mexican chain had already announced closings just before the pandemic, shuttering its Federal Plaza location in March. In this case, coronavirus was not to blame.
- Cold Stone Creamery at Westfield Montgomery mall: The ice cream chain had been a centerpiece of the Dining Terrace since 2015. Cold Stone closed in December.
- CiCi’s Pizza on Rockville Pike: This longtime chain, known for its all-you-can-eat pizza buffets, was unable to survive on takeout business alone. Its parent company has since filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Flower Child at Travilah Square: The two-year-old eatery closed at the beginning of the pandemic and was initially expected to reopen, but the company changed its mind. The Wildwood location, always much busier, is still in business.
- Gumbo Ya Ya at Rockville Town Square: This locally owned eatery, offering a mashup of New Orleans-style cuisine and traditional Puerto Rican dishes, had only been open for a few months before the pandemic.
- Gusto at Westfield Montgomery mall: This pizza and salad spot closed at the beginning of the pandemic and never returned to the Dining Terrace. Gusto eventually shuttered all its Maryland locations.
- Honeyfish Poke at Congressional Plaza: This California-based concept was among the first local eateries to specialize in the Hawaiian-style raw fish dish. Honeyfish went dark early in the pandemic after a three-year run in Rockville.
- La Tasca at Rockville Town Square: The Spanish-style tapas chain, one of the last original tenants at Rockville Town Square, filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy last May and closed all its locations.
- Le Pain Quotidien at Cabin John Village: LPQ was already struggling before the pandemic, and its U.S. division filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy last May. The Cabin John and Wildwood locations both went dark, but Wildwood made a surprise comeback in late 2020. It doesn’t look like that will be happening at Cabin John.
- Mirch Masala at Westfield Montgomery mall: The Indian restaurant spent a decade at the mall, but owner Poonam Chopra opted not to renew her lease in the current environment.
- Möge Tee at Westfield Montgomery mall: This New York-based bubble tea chain debuted at the mall in 2019 and disappeared last spring.
- Nantucket Reef at Traville Village Center: This Cape Cod-style eatery said it was closing “temporarily” last March. It never reopened.
- Panera in downtown Rockville: While other Paneras have remained open throughout the pandemic — including the one at Federal Plaza — this location did not survive.
- Pizza CS on Rockville Pike. In this case, coronavirus only accelerated a closing that would have happened a few months later. The Neapolitan-style pizzeria lost its home to a planned Wegmans-anchored redevelopment project. (More on Wegmans in our Aug. 13th edition.)
- Poké Papa at Westfield Montgomery mall: This Hawaiian-style eatery had been in business for just six months when the pandemic began. It closed last spring and never reopened.
- Roti at Pike & Rose: While other Pike & Rose restaurants have survived the pandemic, this Mediterranean fast-casual chain gave up early.
- Spice 6 at Westfield Montgomery mall: This Indian fast-food chain arrived at the mall in 2018 and closed last spring. Other Spice 6 locations remain open.
- Subway restaurants in Rockville and Potomac. The sandwich chain closed its locations at Cabin John Village and Federal Plaza. The reasons are unclear.
- Sweetly Anchored Patisserie at Cabin John Village: This bakery continued filling cake orders while the Cabin John mini-mall was closed, but owner Lindsay Miniaci said the space was so quiet that it wasn’t worth reopening to foot traffic. She moved out last fall.
- Thai Pavilion at Rockville Town Square: After a long run at the Square, this restaurant closed in August. It was the fifth eatery to exit the Town Square in 2020.
- The Wine Harvest at Park Potomac: This ten-year-old restaurant and wine shop, known for its convivial atmosphere, closed its doors on New Year’s Eve. Andrew Meyrowitz, whose family also closed their Kentlands location in 2019, said it was too difficult to turn a profit in the current environment.
The return of J. Chow's
Here’s one restaurant that isn’t going away after all: It’s been a week since we wrote about the closing of J. Chow’s at Westfield Montgomery mall, and we’re happy to report that the restaurant has now reopened. J. Chow’s is something of a local institution, with a fan base dating all the way back to its days in the food court at White Flint Mall. Owners tell us those signature California Chicken Salads aren’t going anywhere.
The Store Reporter Guide
A weekly guide sponsored by some of our favorite local businesses
Want to make sure that your favorite restaurants don’t close? You can do your part by supporting them as often as possible. Shown here: pizza from Gregorio’s, which also offers personal chef services and catering. Other local pizzerias include Potomac Pizza in the Village and newcomer Piccoli Piatti at Wildwood. Find these — and much more — in this week’s Store Reporter Guide.
DINING & DELIVERY
- BROOKLYN’S DELI, homemade meats, soups & sandwiches at Potomac Woods Plaza, 1089 Seven Locks Road. Try our corned beef, hand-carved pastrami, brisket, nova, chopped liver, pancakes from scratch, cheese blintzes & more — plus artisan bagels from Bethesda Bagels. Phone: (301) 340-3354. Open daily for carry-out, catering & patio dining. Menu: brooklynsdelimd.com.
- CAVA MEZZE is excited to offer our delicious family meals, salads, mezze, drinks & more at 10 percent off when you do contactless curbside pickup. Try our specialties like scallop risotto, fried calamari, opa opa shrimp, lollipop chicken, spicy lamb sliders, steak souvlaki, spanakopita & much more. We’re also excited to launch our new neighborhood food drops. Follow us on Instagram (@cavamezze) to see where we’re headed next. Website and ordering info: cavamezze.com.
- DENIZENS BREWING COMPANY delivers beer, hard seltzer, wine & cocktails directly to your doorstep in Rockville, Potomac, Bethesda, Gaithersburg & Germantown! Our contactless “Beermobile“ delivery service was just named as a Bethesda Magazine‘s 2021 Editor’s Pick. Order now to find out why. Weekly ordering begins every Wednesday; delivery days are Thursday-Sunday. Orders placed by 11 a.m. go out the same day. Get stocked up for the weekend and place your contactless delivery order now! denizensbrewingco.com.
- FISH TACO: Let’s catch up! We are family-owned and we source our food seasonally, sustainably & locally. We take pride in using the highest quality ingredients to bring our guests delicious, hand-crafted meals & empower them to connect with what’s important in life. We offer our famous fish tacos, as well as an assortment of Baja-inspired favorites. Visit us at multiple area locations, or order online at www.fishtacoonline.com.
- GREGORIO’S TRATTORIA, Italian favorites at Cabin John Village, 7745 Tuckerman Lane. Full menu and weekly specials featuring pizzas, pastas, seafood, meats, salads & more. Open indoors & outdoors for lunch & dinner, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. We also offer curbside pickup, pay by phone & contact-free delivery. Phone: (301) 296-6168. Check out our new Bethesda location on Sangamore Road! Call for personal chef services & catering: (800) 749-8894. Menu for all locations: gregoriostrattoria.com.
- JULII is excited to now offer 25 percent capacity indoor dining along with our private heated igloos daily. Come enjoy our crispy trout, Julii Burger, decadent French onion soup, and weekend brunch every Saturday and Sunday. We open at 4 p.m. on Monday-Friday and at 11 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Curbside pickup & delivery are still available. Top off your meal with our cocktail pouches, beer & wine to go. To reserve a bubble: Email email@example.com or call (301) 517-9090. Menu: julii.com.
- LAHINCH TAVERN AND GRILL, regional American cuisine at Cabin John Village. We’ve got grilled chops, steaks, salads, sandwiches & more. Also: Sunday brunch with bottomless mimosas & bloody Marys. Discounted beer and wine to go, carry-out, curbside pickup, outdoor dining options. Call us: (240) 499-8922. Menu: lahinchtavernandgrill.com.
- MOBY DICK KABOBS, Persian cooking on the go. Multiple locations in Maryland & the DMV. Our family platters feed 3-4 people starting at $36.99 or 5-6 people starting at $63. Check out daily specials like khoresht gheymeh (yellow split-pea soup with beef) on Wednesdays & ghormeh sabzi (herb stew) on Fridays. All locations open for carry-out, delivery & curbside pickup. Potomac phone: (240) 660-2626. Rockville phone: (301) 738-0005. Menu: mobyskabob.com.
- MOSAIC CUISINE: Seasonal, French-inspired cuisine in Rockville. Happy new year! Beautiful modern dining room & bar. Steak frites, boeuf Bourguignon, lobster bisque, shitake mushroom potage, fried chicken waffle sandwich, Nutella waffles, crêpes & much more. Open Tues.-Sun. for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Curbside pickup at 186 Halpine Road, delivery with Grubhub& Postmates, or heated outdoor dining. Easy online ordering or by phone: (301) 468-0682. Menu: mosaiccuisine.com.
- OFF THE HOOK CATERING: The team behind the Go Fish food truck, now offering seafood pickup & delivery every Friday. Lobster rolls, lobster meat with butter, ready-to-cook crab cakes, creamy crab soup, weekly chicken & salmon specials, garlic-roasted green beans, corn bread, Mexi-slaw, fresh-baked cookies & much more. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Menu: offthehookcatering.com.
- ORIGINAL PANCAKE HOUSE, the first name in pancakes. Whatever you want for breakfast or lunch, we’ve got it: eggs & omelettes, bacon, sausage, hash browns, sandwiches, French toast, waffles, wraps, burgers, salad & crepes both sweet & savory. Bethesda: 7703 Woodmont Ave., (301) 986-0285. Rockville: 12224 Rockville Pike, (301) 468-0886. Open for limited dine-in plus outdoor seating, takeout, curbside pickup, & deliver via third-party apps. Menu: ophrestaurants.com.
- PICCOLI PIATTI PIZZERIA: Authentic. Neapolitan. Greatness. We use high-quality imported Italian flour & tomatoes, locally sourced meats, organic produce & spectacular domestic cheeses to create exceptional, affordable dishes that please the whole family. Our pizza is crafted to order in the classic Neapolitan style & finished in our 900-degree brick oven. Great pastas, small plates & lunch sandwiches too! 10257 Old Georgetown Road in the Wildwood center. Call us: (240) 858-6099. Order online: piccolipiattipizzeria.com.
- PIKE KITCHEN on Rockville Pike offers some of the best Asian food in the DMV, all at one location. Instead of franchises, we carefully select operators who are passionate about cooking & creating. From mochi donuts, matcha lattes & bubble tea to bibimbap, bulgogi, ramen, katsu, poke bowls, sushi, pho & bánh mi sandwiches, here you can try it all. Open daily noon to 8 p.m. for carryout & delivery. Visit us: 1066 Rockville Pike. Call us: (301) 603-2279. Menu: pikekitchen.com/carryout-delivery.
- POTOMAC PIZZA, a delicious favorite since 1978. Multiple locations in Maryland and the DMV. Potomac location: (301) 299-7700. Traville location: (301) 279-2234. Chevy Chase location: (301) 951-1127. Offering contact-free delivery, curbside pickup & takeout. Sister company Bagels & Grinds also offering bagels, lox & cream cheese pickup in Potomac on Saturday mornings. Menu: potomacpizza.com.
- QUARTERMAINE COFFEE ROASTERS, locally roasted fresh coffee. Bethesda store open 6 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Wednesday, 6 a.m.-6 p.m. Thursday-Sunday with drinks, beans & pastries. Use the Quartermaine app or call (301) 718-2853. Also: $5 flat-rate shipping with $30 minimum for beans shipped to your door. Click on the person next to the shopping cart at www.quartermaine.com.
- QUINCY’S POTOMAC BAR & GRILLE: Newly open at Potomac Woods Plaza off Montrose & Seven Locks. 35 flat-screen TVs, 20 beers on tap, American bar fare: hand-cut sirloins, filets & ribeyes, chicken pot pie, fried chicken & beef stew. Happy hour menu from 4-7 p.m. weekdays, with specials every weekend. Now offering takeout & outdoor dining in our large heated tent, with sports on our huge outdoor TVs. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram. Phone: (240) 500-3010. Menu: quincyspotomac.com.
- ROSE’S LUXURY: The Michelin-starred D.C. favorite is now offering delivery to our area. Choose two or three nights of impeccably prepared meals, including appetizers, entrées and desserts — $40 and up, per person per night. Your order will arrive with easy-to-follow instructions for assembly and reheating, complete with garnishes, pour-over sauces, dollops of whipped cream and custom Spotify playlists. Menus change every two weeks. Click here for details.
- SISTERS THAI POTOMAC, Asian & Thai cuisine + desserts. Pickup and patio dining at Cabin John Village, 7995 Tuckerman Lane. Specialties like chicken satay, larb gai, pad thai, drunken noodles, curry dishes & more. Phone: (301) 299-4157. Free no-contact delivery with $30 to $40 minimum order. Menu: sistersthaicabinjohn.com.
- THE BOTTLE SHOP WINE & BEER: Looking for a new neighborhood wine & beer shop? We have a great selection of exceptional wine, craft beer & artisan snacks — chilled & ready to go — to make your evenings special. You’ll find us at Potomac Woods Plaza, 350 Fortune Terrace, around the corner from Park Potomac (Montrose & Seven Locks). Check our weekly wine & beer discounts on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. Stop in to browse our aisles, or call ahead for curbside delivery: (301) 738-9463. Website: mybottleshop.net.
- THE GRILLED OYSTER CO., American fare, seafood & drinks at Cabin John Village. 7943 Tuckerman Lane. Try our oysters on the half-shell, crab hush puppies, Angus burgers, poke bowls & the $78 Clambake for two: double Maine lobster, spiced shrimp, steamed clams, corn, potatoes & cole slaw. Now open Sundays noon to 8 p.m., with brunch from noon to 4 p.m. Call (301) 299-9888 or email email@example.com to order. Menu: thegrilledoystercompany.com.
- WINTERGREEN PLAZA has the stores, restaurants & services businesses you need — all in one place, with free & easy parking. Besides Food Lion, Classic Beer & Wine, Dunkin’ and Starbucks, this is the home of Chipotle, Habit Burger, Jersey Mike’s, Mission BBQ, Niwano Hana, Paisano’s Pizza, Sweet Frog, Ten Ren Tea Ginseng, The Halal Guys & Wingstop. Also: salons, professional practices, Bray & Scarff, The UPS Store, Pure Hockey, Rockville Soccer, TennisTopia & much more. For a full list, click here.
- YEKTA Persian restaurant & market. 1488 Rockville Pike. Our restaurant is open for carry-out or curbside pickup, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Saturday and 11:30 a.m.-7 p.m. Sunday. Call (301) 984-0005 or use ChowNow, UberEats, Grubhub & other delivery apps. Our market is open 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Saturday and 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Sunday. Carry out or pick up curbside. To place your order, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (301) 984-1190. Menu: yekta.com.
- AUSTYN PARKER, fun jewelry for kids, cute clothes for moms & gifts for everyone. Message us for a private appointment at our new outdoor shop in Potomac. For kids: Make-your-own jewelry kits & online parties where everyone works on a project together. For moms: We’ve got your favorite brands like LNA, Monrow, Perfect White Tee, Generation Love, Chrldr & Comune. Shop Facebook or Shop Instagram. Call us: (301) 706-8122. Email us: email@example.com. Check out our new website: austynparker.com.
- GYM & TONIC, luxury athleisure apparel. Whether you’re working out or working from home, we have the casual comfortable looks you want right now — plus lots of different style of masks, from tie-dye to camo! Now open for in-person shopping Monday-Saturday 12-4 p.m., and we’re always sanitizing for the safest possible experience. Prefer to shop from home? DM us for virtual visits & delivery in the DMV. Shop @lovegymandtonic on Instagram. Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org. Call us: (301) 340-8800.
- HANNA’S CONNECTION clothing boutique, inside the Cabin John mini-mall. Sweater trunk show! More than 100 sweaters to fit your style: prints, solids & turtlenecks. Mix & match them with your loungewear sets. Come on in for a private appointment, or schedule a virtual shopping session. Curbside/limited delivery/shipping available. Shop new arrivals on Facebook and Instagram. Call us: (301) 704-0264. New website: hannasconnection.com.
- JOYFUL BATH CO., natural handmade bath and body care products for spa & wellness at home. 5534 Wilkins Ct., North Bethesda. Soaps, shower steamers, bath bombs, hemp ultra therapy, soy candles, Turkish towels, custom baskets & gift sets plus our own citric acid surface cleaner. Open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday & 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturdays. Call (301) 986-5320 or order online for shipping or curbside pickup: joyfulbathco.com.
- KAUFMANN JEWELERS: Fine jewelry, custom jewelry, large & small repairs. Father & son George & Corey Kaufmann are carrying on the family tradition: offering an upscale shopping experience while preserving the handshake-generation, family-business mentality. Whether we’re designing your custom piece, showing you our collection or handling your repairs, Kaufmann Jewelers strives to build lifelong clients. Call us: (301) 978-7778. Visit us at Park Potomac, 12500 Park Potomac Avenue. Website: kaufmannjewelers.com.
- OAK is a Kensington clothing shop with an ever-evolving, curated inventory. We focus on comfy modern silhouettes, athleisure, handbags, scarves & jewelry with a twist. Lots of natural fibers, fair-trade & U.S.-made products, mostly priced below $100. Our shop is small & personal, so you’ll never feel crowded or rushed. Open every day but Monday at 10511 Metropolitan Ave., minutes from Rockville Pike. Call us: (301) 933-0281. See our one-size items at oakthshop.com, shop Facebook & Instagram to see what’s in the store.
- SCOUT & MOLLY’S BOUTIQUE, your North Bethesda fashion destination at Pike & Rose. This winter we are all things chic & cozy! New arrivals almost daily: Spanx leggings, loungewear, tie dye styles, rock band tees, Zoom-friendly tops, messenger bags with guitar straps & jewelry. End-of-season clearance sale & Flash Sale Fridays happening now. Ask about private shopping & curbside pickup. Shop Instagram, shop Facebook, shop online, shop in-store or call us: (301) 348-5047. Website: northbethesda.scoutandmollys.com.
KIDS & TEENS
- MY GYM POTOMAC & MY GYM BETHESDA, now offering our awesome fitness & fun classes outdoors in Potomac. Small groups & age-appropriate classes allow us to run around with our friends & still social distance. Also introducing pod play dates! We’re still offering interactive live Zoom classes & birthday parties. And we’ve opened the Potomac location for small group indoor playdates & small three-hour camps. More info: mygym.com/potomac.
- TIPS ON TRIPS AND CAMPS: What will your kids be doing this summer? We’re here to offer ideas, expertise & plenty of options. Tips on Trips and Camps has been around for half a century, guiding families like yours to the best summer options for their students ages 7-18+. All our services are FREE to families. No need to figure this out alone — we are happy to help, with plenty of ideas for 2021! To get started on your summer plan, call Lisa Bulman Mullen: (561) 703-6448 or email email@example.com.
- FITNESS FOR HEALTH: Dedicated to the special needs community, we offer an unparalleled evidence-based approach to therapeutic exercise, occupational therapy & physical therapy. We help our clients improve their gross & fine motor capabilities, fitness, visual motor function, self-confidence & self-esteem in our state-of-the-art facility — all while having fun! Conveniently located in Rockville, we’re open 7 days a week for in-person & telehealth services. In-network provider for Tricare & Kaiser Permanente. Call (301) 231-7138. www.fitnessforhealth.org.
- ROBERT SHERMAN FITNESS, personal training & Zoom classes from a master trainer for Reebok, Schwinn, SPRI, Beachbody, Lifetime & Equinox. Specializing in yoga, post-rehab, muscular strength, endurance, sports performance & active aging, with 37 years training/teaching globally. Choose in-home distanced sessions, Zoom classes for 1-4 people, or Livestream classes for as low as $10: yoga, core, strength, barre, cycle & Pilates. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit robertshermanfitness.com.
- ROCKVILLE PERSONAL TRAINING, first three sessions $99. Our private studio on Rollins Avenue uses the latest research & technology for a fun, affordable & effective exercise program that’s designed specifically for you. We have backgrounds in medical exercise & clinical physiology, plus a decade of experience working with ages 9-90. We always wear masks, we disinfect between clients, & we keep you safe with HEPA & UV-C air filtration. Check us out on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter. Call us or text us: (240) 630-0298.
- CARD MY YARD POTOMAC is the premier yard greeting sign rental service, specializing in making your BIG day even BIGGER. Birthdays, anniversaries, babies or just because, Card My Yard will make it special! Locally owned and family-operated. Check us out on Facebook and Instagram. Email us: email@example.com. Call us: (301) 908-3616. Book your greeting at cardmyyard.com.
- FLASHBACK FILMS, photo & video montages for your special occasion — whether in-person or virtual. Professional montages at affordable prices for all your important milestones: birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, mitzvahs & more. We’re a locally based, student-run company and will work within your budget. Send us your photos and we’ll do the rest. Visit us on Instagram. For video samples & pricing, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JAMIE KRAMER EVENTS is dedicated to crafting authentic, memorable & customized experiences for private & corporate events. Celebrations & milestones, conferences & board meetings, team building, corporate retreats, networking & more. Whether your event is virtual, socially distanced or you’re planning ahead for in-person, we promise to make it unforgettable. Check us out on Instagram & Facebook, and email email@example.com to start planning. Website: jamiekramerevents.com.
- LILAC, special occasion wear for girls, tweens & teens. We have the perfect outfits for graduations, cotillion, bar & bat mitzvahs (both service & party) and other special occasions. Plan for your fall events now; private shopping appointments are available throughout the summer. We also have fashionable face masks for kids & adults! Find us on Instagram (@lilacgirlshop) and Facebook (@shoplilacgirl). For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FURNITURE, ART, JEWELRY & COLLECTIBLES
- FREEMAN’S AUCTION, America’s oldest auction house, established in 1805. Potomac-based rep Debrah Dunner will help you consign fine art including modern & contemporary art, jewelry, 20th Century design & more. Virtual appointments, free auction estimates, easy no-contact pickup of your goods. Call (301) 738-0347; email email@example.com; or visit freemansauction.com/specialists/debrah-dunner.
- STX GOLD — turning your old jewelry into thousands of dollars since 2009. We buy gold, silver, platinum & sterling silver flatware, serving pieces & platters. By appointment only at our office, or we’ll come to you. We always wear masks & gloves for your safety. For a no-obligation appointment, call (301) 318-9788. Visit our website & check the current price of gold: stxgold.com.
- JIMMY GUSKY HEATING & AIR, one-stop shop for heating, air conditioning, plumbing and ductwork, serving Rockville & the D.C. area. We always give you an honest opinion and transparent pricing, making repairs when we can and helping you decide when replacement is the better option. Have an emergency? We’re available 24/7. Call (301) 327-7306. Website: jimmygusky.com.
- MIKE’S LOCKSMITH & SECURITY, commercial, residential & emergency. Lock repair & replacement, re-key services, touchscreen locks & high-security locks. Now offering security cameras, video doorbells & monitored security systems accessible on any device, so you can talk to visitors & unlock doors remotely. All at a low monthly fee. Labor & materials guaranteed for as long as you own your home. Appointments & after-hour emergencies: (240) 506-7500. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: mikes-locksmith.com.
- TOWN & COUNTRY MOVERS, family-owned moving and storage company, based in Gaithersburg and serving the DMV since 1977. We handle local, long-distance and international relocations, as well as short-term and long-term storage solutions. Our staging division works with local realtors to enhance listings and improve home sales. Call (301) 670-4600. Website: townandcountrymovers.com.
- LAW OFFICES OF LLOYD A. MALECH, Bethesda family law attorney. Aggressive legal representation in high-conflict divorces, child custody & child support conflicts, spousal support and alimony battles, enforcing and modifying court orders, protective orders in domestic violence cases, and settlement agreements. Call us: (202) 441-2107. Website: malechlaw.com.
- TAFF & LEVINE D.D.S. provides state-of-the-art dental treatment in a relaxing atmosphere surrounded by caring doctors and staff. No insurance? No problem! Join our V.I.P. dental plan, pay one monthly fee for free hygiene appointments and 10% off all other dental procedures. 7811 Montrose Road in Potomac. Call 301-530-3717. Website: taffandlevine.com.