Attman's sets a date
The new Attman’s deli is set to open next Wednesday (Sept. 16th) at Park Potomac — just in time for all those Jewish High Holiday catering orders. Renovations have been happening all summer at the former home of Zoës Kitchen, where the Baltimore-based deli will offer indoor/outdoor dining plus delivery. Attman’s closed its doors at Cabin John Village last April and quickly signed a new lease at Park Potomac — just around the corner from longtime local favorite Brooklyn’s Deli. What to expect from this Attman’s reboot? Click here for our interview with the owner.
Breadsmith is toast — and a bad year for Cabin John
Cabin John Village has suffered another big loss: Breadsmith, which specialized in kosher and nut-free baked goods, closed its doors last weekend after 12 years in business. Breadsmith’s owners declined to comment, but their Facebook post blamed the pandemic as well as the center’s upcoming construction plans. This makes at least seven lost tenants for Cabin John Village since last spring – and most of those departures were not pandemic-related. Attman’s exited in April (see top story) along with Subway, followed by the permanent closing of French bistro Le Pain Quotidien after its parent company changed hands. Toy Castle shut down after 41 years when its owners decided to retire. And on the salon scene, Tropicuts and Hair Cuttery quietly disappeared while Zohra let its lease expire after more than a quarter-century. So what’s next for Cabin John Village? We’re not sure. Owner Edens has repeatedly declined to return our messages.
Something sweet for Rockville
Opening soon at Federal Plaza on Rockville Pike: Crumbl, offering fresh-baked cookies, cold milk and ice cream delivered to your door. This will be the first Maryland location for Utah-based Crumbl, which began its D.C.-area expansion just last week with another store in Vienna. Besides your basic chocolate chip, snickerdoodles and sugar cookies, Crumbl also offers a rotating menu of 120-plus flavors that change every week. Takeout and curbside pickup will be available too, with late-night hours on Fridays and Saturdays.
The Store Reporter Guide
A weekly guide sponsored by some of our favorite local businesses
THIS WEEK’S UPDATES: Don’t miss our newly expanded Celebrations section including backyardmitzvah.org and jewishstudio.org, offering socially distanced lifecycle events and Jewish High Holiday options. For holiday catering and platters, be sure to check out Brooklyn’s Deli, Gregorio’s Trattoria and Potomac Pizza, working with sister company Bagels & Grinds.
DINING & DELIVERY
- BROOKLYN’S DELI, homemade meats, soups & sandwiches at Potomac Woods Plaza, 1089 Seven Locks Road. Try our corned beef, hand-carved pastrami, brisket, nova, chopped liver, pancakes from scratch, cheese blintzes & more — plus artisan bagels from Bethesda Bagels. Phone: (301) 340-3354. Open daily for carry-out, catering & patio dining. Menu: brooklynsdelimd.com.
- GREGORIO’S TRATTORIA, Italian favorites at Cabin John Village, 7745 Tuckerman Lane. Outdoor seating & limited indoor seating now open for lunch & dinner, 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. We also offer curbside pickup, pay by phone & contact-free delivery. Full menu and weekly specials, plus 1/2 off all wine, beer & cocktails. Phone: (301) 296-6168. Menu: gregoriostrattoria.com.
- HUNTER’S BAR AND GRILL, the “Cheers” of Potomac. 10123 River Road. Phone: (301) 299-9300. Open for lunch, dinner and gift card sales. Half-priced bottles of wine with food purchase. Delivery through DoorDash and GrubHub, choose no-contact curbside carryout, or enjoy our patio for outdoor dining plus limited seating indoors. Reservations recommended. Check Facebook for daily specials. Menu: huntersbarandgrill.com
- LAHINCH TAVERN AND GRILL, regional American cuisine at Cabin John Village. New menu featuring split grilled bangers, Guinness-battered fish & chips, corned beef & cabbage, shepherd’s pie, chops, steaks & sandwiches. Discounted beer and wine to go. Delivery, carry-out, curbside pickup or enjoy outdoor dining in our new socially distanced patio & have a cocktail at our new outdoor bar. Call: (240) 499-8922. Menu: lahinchtavernandgrill.com.
- METRO MICROGREENS, locally grown hydroponic microgreens. Eighteen varieties available. High in nutrient density and helps boost the immune system. Stays fresh for 10 days to two weeks. Contact-free delivery. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (301) 706-4884. To order online: metromicrogreens.com.
- MOBY DICK KABOBS, Persian cooking on the go. Multiple locations in Maryland & the DMV. Our family platters feed 3-4 people starting at $36.99 or 5-6 people starting at $63. Check out daily specials like khoresht gheymeh (yellow split-pea soup with beef) on Wednesdays & ghormeh sabzi (herb stew) on Fridays. All locations open for carry-out, delivery, curbside pickup & limited indoor seating, plus outdoor dining at Fallsgrove. Potomac phone: (240) 660-2626. Rockville phone: (301) 738-0005. Menu: mobyskabob.com.
- MOSAIC CUISINE, modern French cooking in Rockville. Freshly reopened for curbside pickup at 186 Halpine Road or delivery with Grubhub. Also offering outdoor dining plus limited seating in our newly redesigned dining room. Offering your favorite waffles, beef bourguignon, two-course family meals for four starting at $58, and much more. Order online or by phone: (301) 468-0682. Menu: mosaiccuisine.com.
- OFF THE HOOK CATERING: The team behind the Go Fish food truck, now offering seafood pickup & delivery every Friday. Lobster rolls, lobster meat with butter, ready-to-cook crab cakes, creamy crab soup, fish & shrimp taco kits, weekly chicken & salmon specials, garlic-roasted green beans, corn bread, Mexi-slaw, fresh-baked cookies & much more. Email: email@example.com. Menu: offthehookcatering.com.
- POTOMAC PIZZA, a delicious favorite since 1978. Multiple locations in Maryland and the DMV. Potomac location: (301) 299-7700. Traville location: (301) 279-2234. Chevy Chase location: (301) 951-1127. Offering contact-free delivery, curbside pickup & takeout. Sister company Bagels & Grinds also offering bagels, lox & cream cheese pickup in Potomac on Saturday mornings. Menu: potomacpizza.com.
- QUARTERMAINE COFFEE ROASTERS, locally roasted fresh coffee. Bethesda store open 6 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Wednesday, 6 a.m.-6 p.m. Thursday-Sunday with drinks, beans & pastries. Use the Quartermaine app or call (301) 718-2853. Also: $5 flat-rate shipping with $30 minimum for beans shipped to your door. Click on the person next to the shopping cart at www.quartermaine.com.
- SISTERS THAI POTOMAC, Asian & Thai cuisine + desserts. Pickup and patio dining at Cabin John Village, 7995 Tuckerman Lane. Specialties like chicken satay, larb gai, pad thai, drunken noodles, curry dishes & more. Phone: (301) 299-4157. Free no-contact delivery with $30 to $40 minimum order. Menu: sistersthaicabinjohn.com.
- THE GRILLED OYSTER CO., American fare, seafood & drinks at Cabin John Village. 7943 Tuckerman Lane. Try our new $78 Clambake: double Maine lobster, spiced shrimp, steamed clams, corn, potatoes & cole slaw, complete with checked tablecloth. Call (301) 299-9888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to order. Menu: thegrilledoystercompany.com.
- YEKTA Persian restaurant & market. 1488 Rockville Pike. Our restaurant is open for carry-out or curbside pickup, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Saturday and 11:30 a.m.-7 p.m. Sunday. Call (301) 984-0005 or use ChowNow, UberEats, Grubhub & other delivery apps. Our market is open 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Saturday and 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Sunday. Carry out or pick up curbside. To place your order, email email@example.com or call (301) 984-1190. Menu: yekta.com.
- BACKYARDMITZVAH.ORG: Celebrating your Jewish lifecycle events with joy and meaning, as close as your backyard. Don’t postpone that special day you’ve been waiting for. Our rabbi and cantors will officiate your bar or bat mitzvah, wedding or baby naming — outdoors and on Zoom, so your guests can safely share every moment. For info on outdoor/Zoom High Holiday services, visit thejewishstudio.org. To learn more about lifecycle events, call (240) 994-3566; email firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit backyardmitzvah.org.
- CARD MY YARD POTOMAC is the premier yard greeting sign rental service, specializing in making your BIG day even BIGGER. Birthdays, anniversaries, babies or just because, Card My Yard will make it special! Locally owned and family-operated. Check us out on Facebook and Instagram. Email us: email@example.com. Call us: (301) 908-3616. Book your greeting at cardmyyard.com.
- CARD ON YOUR YARD is here to help you celebrate any occasion! Our locally owned business serves Potomac, Rockville, Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Kensington, D.C. & Silver Spring. Starting at just $85, our pricing can’t be beat. We love to customize! Check out our unique designer graphics, & visit us on Facebook & Instagram. To plan the fun, call Lisa at (202) 246-5558 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: cardonyouryardbethesda.com.
- FLASHBACK FILMS, photo & video montages for your special occasion — whether in-person or virtual. Professional montages at affordable prices for all your important milestones: birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, mitzvahs & more. We’re a locally based, student-run company and will work within your budget. Send us your photos and we’ll do the rest. Visit us on Instagram. For video samples & pricing, email email@example.com.
- LILAC, special occasion wear for girls, tweens & teens. We have the perfect outfits for graduations, cotillion, bar & bat mitzvahs (both service & party) and other special occasions. Plan for your fall events now; private shopping appointments are available throughout the summer. We also have fashionable face masks for kids & adults! Find us on Instagram (@lilacgirlshop) and Facebook (@shoplilacgirl). For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AUSTYN PARKER, fun jewelry for kids & cute clothes for moms. For kids: Make-your-own jewelry kits & online parties where everyone works on a project together. For moms: We’ve got your favorite brands like LNA, Monrow, Perfect White Tee, Generation Love, Chrldr & Comune. Shop Facebook or Shop Instagram. For gift ideas, party planning & what’s in stock, call us: (301) 706-8122 or email us: email@example.com.
- GYM & TONIC, luxury athleisure apparel. Whether you’re working out or working from home, we have the casual comfortable looks you want right now — plus lots of different style of masks, from tie-dye to camo! Now open for in-person shopping Monday-Saturday 12-4 p.m., and we’re always sanitizing for the safest possible experience. Prefer to shop from home? DM us for virtual visits & delivery in the DMV. Shop @lovegymandtonic on Instagram. Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org. Call us: (301) 340-8800.
- HANNA’S CONNECTION clothing boutique, inside the Cabin John mini-mall. All new loungewear and cozy, comfy fashions from $49-$99. Don’t miss our closeout sales: $10-$49 on your favorite brands. Free designer face masks with your purchase. Ask about virtual shopping and one-on-one appointments. Curbside pickup & shipping on orders over $50. Call us: (301) 704-0264. Shop Facebook or Shop Instagram.
- JOYFUL BATH CO., natural handmade bath and body care products for spa & wellness at home. 5534 Wilkins Ct., North Bethesda. Soaps, shower steamers, bath bombs, hemp ultra therapy, soy candles, Turkish towels & gift sets plus our own citric acid surface cleaner. Open 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Friday. Call (301) 986-5320 or order online for shipping or curbside pickup: joyfulbathco.com.
- KAREN’S ROCKS AND RAGS, women’s boutique with on-trend, affordable clothing & accessories. 212 Main Street, Gaithersburg. Now accepting luxury designer bags on consignment for a 50/50 split. Check out our $10 face masks, $10 racks & 40% off tons of merchandise — plus pre-fall items on sale now. Open 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday, 11 a.m.- 5 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. Shop Facebook. Shop Instagram. Phone: (240) 631-2565. eBay store: ebay.com/str/karensrocksandrags.
- MY BEST FRIEND’S CLOSET, a fun & exciting shopping experience with the best selection of junior, young contemporary & women’s clothing at very reasonable price points. 9735 Traville Gateway Drive, Rockville. We receive new merchandise daily, so stop in often to find fun pieces to add to your wardrobe. Don’t miss our very popular $10 racks. Open Monday-Saturday noon to 4 p.m., with private appointments on Sunday. Shop Instagram. Call (301) 340-3233. Website: mybffcloset.com
- PIXIELANE ERIN, trendy kids’ clothing that’s stylish, comfortable & fun. Kid & mom approved. Leggings, dresses, tops, sweats, lounge sets & so much more. Sizes 3 months to 14 years. Girls, boys & women too. Shop by Facetime, shop by text, shop by Facebook or Instagram. We’ll make it easy. We even gift-wrap! Pick up contact-free from our home base in Potomac, or we can ship to you. Email email@example.com. Call or text us: (301) 509-8226.
- R BOUTIQUE, a sophisticated & modern clothing store, now open inside Art & Chemistry by Diego at Downtown Crown. Fully stocked with clothing, jewelry & accessories. Tons of casual wear, tie-dye sets, shorts, tank tops, sandals & sneakers. Boutique hours are Tuesday-Saturday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Or call Rayna at (301) 943-2000 for a private shopping appointment. Shop Facebook. Shop Instagram. To purchase masks, visit rboutique.shop.
- SCOUT & MOLLY’S BOUTIQUE, your North Bethesda fashion destination at Pike & Rose. We have tons of new fall arrivals. Check out our chic new Italian lines, unique jewelry items, messenger bags with guitar straps & fun comfy joggers. Click here for new face mask colors & styles. Shop Instagram. Shop Facebook. We will continue to offer curbside pickup, so feel free to shop online or call us at (301) 348-5047 to help with your shopping needs! Website: northbethesda.scoutandmollys.com.
FITNESS & WELLNESS
- POTOMAC PHYSICAL THERAPY & REHAB, PT in the comfort & convenience of your home or office. We treat patients from birth to adulthood for sports injuries, postpartum recovery, orthopedic & neurologic conditions, pediatric disorders, chronic & acute pain, headache & concussions, oncology rehab & more. Our Covid precautions include masks for clinician & patient, hand & equipment sanitizing, option for outdoor or garage sessions. More info: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.potomacptandrehab.com.
- ROBERT SHERMAN FITNESS, personal training & Zoom classes from a master trainer for Reebok, Schwinn, SPRI, Beachbody, Lifetime & Equinox. Specializing in yoga, post-rehab, muscular strength, endurance, sports performance & active aging, with 37 years training/teaching globally. Choose in-home distanced sessions, Zoom classes for 1-4 people, or Livestream classes for as low as $10: yoga, core, strength, barre, cycle & Pilates. Email email@example.com or visit robertshermanfitness.com.
- ROCKVILLE PERSONAL TRAINING, private sessions for fitness & medical exercise. Bring a friend or family member: We can accommodate up to four people for small-group training in our studio at 152 Rollins Avenue, Suite 208. We also offer meal planning, wellness coaching & Zoom sessions. We require masks & gloves during the session, and we sanitize both the air and the equipment between clients. Check us out on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter. Call us or text us: (240) 630-0298.
FOR THE KIDS
- INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF MUSIC, now offering online music lessons. All ages and levels, multiple platforms including Skype, FaceTime and Zoom. We teach piano, guitar, voice, violin, viola, cello, flute, drums, saxophone, clarinet, harp, recorder, trumpet, trombone, bassoon, ensembles early childhood music & performances. Take the next step on your musical journey. Call (301) 365-5888 or visit our website: ismw.org.
- MY GYM POTOMAC & MY GYM BETHESDA, now offering our awesome fitness & fun classes outdoors in Potomac. Small groups & age-appropriate classes allow us to run around with our friends & still social distance. Also introducing pod play dates! We come to your backyard. We’re still offering interactive live Zoom classes & birthday parties. And we’ve opened the Potomac location for small group indoor playdates & small three-hour camps. More info: mygym.com/potomac.
FURNITURE, ART, JEWELRY & COLLECTIBLES
- FREEMAN’S AUCTION, America’s oldest auction house, established in 1805. Potomac-based rep Debrah Dunner will help you consign fine art including modern & contemporary art, jewelry, 20th Century design & more. Virtual appointments, free auction estimates, easy no-contact pickup of your goods. For more info, call (301) 738-0347 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ISI FURNISH, lightly used furnishings & decor at a fraction of the cost. Our white-glove service makes it easy to sell your fine furniture discreetly & professionally. If you’re looking to buy, we offer a wide range of affordable luxury furnishings to match your design and budget. Call us: (971) 337-4403. Shop with us for new items every week: isifurnish.com.
- ISOLDIT, the easy way to turn your stuff into cash. We do the work, you cash the check. Get top dollar for your unwanted electronics, music equipment, jewelry, collectibles & furniture. Looking to reduce equipment or inventory for your business? We can help. Call us: (301) 990-2040. Email us: email@example.com. Safety is our priority — no contact, no worries. More info: www.isolditmd.com.
- STX GOLD — turning your old jewelry into thousands of dollars since 2009. We buy gold, silver, platinum & sterling silver flatware, serving pieces & platters. By appointment only at our office, or we’ll come to you. We always wear masks & gloves for your safety. For a no-obligation appointment, call (301) 318-9788. Visit our website & check the current price of gold: stxgold.com.
- JIMMY GUSKY HEATING & AIR, one-stop shop for heating, air conditioning, plumbing and ductwork, serving Rockville & the D.C. area. We always give you an honest opinion and transparent pricing, making repairs when we can and helping you decide when replacement is the better option. Have an emergency? We’re available 24/7. Call (301) 327-7306. Website: jimmygusky.com.
- MIKE’S LOCKSMITH & SECURITY, offering lock repair and replacement, keyless & touchpad systems plus door hardware, high-security keys and mailbox lockdown. All work guaranteed as long as you own your home. For after-hour emergencies or regular appointments, call (240) 506-7500. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: mikes-locksmith.com.
- TOWN & COUNTRY MOVERS, family-owned moving and storage company, based in Gaithersburg and serving the DMV since 1977. We handle local, long-distance and international relocations, as well as short-term and long-term storage solutions. Our staging division works with local realtors to enhance listings and improve home sales. Call (301) 670-4600. Website: townandcountrymovers.com.
- LAW OFFICES OF LLOYD A. MALECH, Bethesda family law attorney. Aggressive legal representation in high-conflict divorces, child custody & child support conflicts, spousal support and alimony battles, enforcing and modifying court orders, protective orders in domestic violence cases, and settlement agreements. Call us: (202) 441-2107. Website: malechlaw.com.
- SHIN ORTHODONTICS — Drs. Debra and Richard Shin believe everyone should be able to afford an amazing smile. We offer Invisalign and Invisalign Teen, clear braces or traditional metal braces, and lingual braces. All PPO insurance plans accepted. Free consultations and custom financial plans with no large payments or hidden fees. Cabin John mini-mall and 4701 Randolph Road in Rockville. Call 301-770-7770. Website: shinorthodontics.com.
- TAFF & LEVINE D.D.S. provides state-of-the-art dental treatment in a relaxing atmosphere surrounded by caring doctors and staff. No insurance? No problem! Join our V.I.P. dental plan, pay one monthly fee for free hygiene appointments and 10% off all other dental procedures. 7811 Montrose Road in Potomac. Call 301-530-3717. Website: taffandlevine.com.