Attman's exits Cabin John
Attman’s has closed its doors after eight years at Cabin John Village — but not for the reason you might think. Although the timing happened to coincide with other coronavirus closings, owner Marc Attman says he’s known for several months that his lease would not be renewed. Attman, who also owns Potomac Village Deli, says he’s about to take over another space nearby with indoor/outdoor seating and plenty of room for his catering operation. Where will it be? We’ll have the answer very soon. Meanwhile, Attman’s isn’t the only restaurant that exited Cabin John this week: The Subway next to Gregorio’s is out of business.
Forever 21 fades away
When the doors finally reopen at Westfield Montgomery mall, it’s impossible to predict which stores will be coming back. But here’s one thing we know for sure: Forever 21 has reached the end. The teen clothing retailer, in bankruptcy since last fall, will be permanently shuttering its stores at all Westfield malls including Montgomery, Wheaton and Annapolis.
Retail staffers wait and wonder
Elsewhere in the retail world, national chains have been taking drastic steps to curb their losses. Hundreds of thousands of employees already have been furloughed from their jobs at Macy’s, Kohl’s, Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Victoria’s Secret and Bath & Body Works, with no idea when they’ll be back at work. Most retailers are continuing to do business online, and many are extending the time frame for returns until their stores reopen.
We're Open! Local food, shopping & Zoom classes
- Brooklyn’s Deli, homemade meats, soups & sandwiches at Potomac Woods Plaza. 1089 Seven Locks Road. Phone: 301-340-3354. Open daily for carry-out & catering. Menu: brooklynsdelimd.com.
- Cava Mezze, Greek comfort food. Family meals starting at $50 include kabobs, rice, salad, sandwiches & more. Champagne, batched cocktails, discounted beer, 1/2 off wine. Delivery with multiple apps, or 10% off contactless curbside pickup if you call directly: (301) 309-9090. cavamezze.com.
- Gregorio’s Trattoria, Italian favorites at Cabin John Village. 7745 Tuckerman Lane. Phone: 301-296-6168. Open daily for lunch & dinner. Carry-out, curbside pickup, pay by phone & contact-free delivery available. All wine and beer 1/2 off. Menu: gregoriostrattoria.com.
- Hunter’s Bar and Grill, the “Cheers” of Potomac. 10123 River Road. Phone: 301-299-9300. Open for lunch, dinner and gift card sales. Half-priced bottles of wine with food purchase. Delivery through DoorDash and GrubHub, or choose no-contact curbside carryout. Menu: huntersbarandgrill.com.
- Julii, comfort food + market goods. $30 family meals, sandwiches, Chef D’s favorite dishes plus toilet paper, paper towels & flour. Champagne, batched cocktails, discounted beer, 1/2 off wine. Delivery with UberEats, or 10 percent off contactless curbside pickup if you call directly: (301) 517-9090. julii.com.
- Metro Microgreens, locally grown hydroponic microgreens. Twelve varieties available. High in nutrient density and helps boost the immune system. Stays fresh for 10 days to two weeks. Contact-free delivery. Order at metromicrogreens.com, email email@example.com or call 301-706-4884.
- Moby Dick Kabobs, Persian cooking on the go. Multiple locations in Maryland and the DMV. Potomac location: 240-660-2626. Rockville location: 301-738-0005. Open for carry-out, delivery and curbside pickup. Menu: mobyskabob.com.
- Normandie Farm, pop on over for fine cooking in Potomac. 10710 Falls Road. Phone: 301-983-8838. Open for carry-out service. Full menu, popovers & jam to go: popovers.com.
- Playa Bowls, acai and pitaya bowls, smoothies, fresh-squeezed juices & coffee drinks. Cabin John Village, 7919 Tuckerman Lane, Potomac. Phone: 240-403-7456. Full menu available for curbside pickup and multiple delivery apps. Order online: playabowls.com.
- Potomac Pizza, a delicious favorite since 1978. Multiple locations in Maryland and the DMV. Potomac location: 301-299-7700. Traville location: 301-279-2234. Chevy Chase location: 301-951-1127. Offering contact-free delivery, curbside pickup & takeout. Menu: potomacpizza.com.
- St. Veg, 100% plant-based (vegan) cuisine at Fallsgrove Village Center. 14929 Shady Grove Rd., Unit M. Phone: 301-605-7511. Open for carry-out Tuesday-Saturday, noon to 6:30 p.m. Call in your order, pay by phone and pick up near the entrance. stveg.com/menu/
- The Grilled Oyster Co., fine dining at Cabin John Village. 7943 Tuckerman Lane. Phone: 301-299-9888. Limited menu, beer and wine for carry-out & delivery. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to order. Menu: thegrilledoystercompany.com.
- The Original Pancake House, the first name in pancakes. Locations in Rockville, Bethesda & Falls Church. Phone: 301-468-0886. Full breakfast and lunch menu for carry-out, curbside and delivery via Grubhub & DoorDash. Menu: ophrestaurants.com.
- Quartermaine Coffee Roasters, locally roasted fresh coffee. Bethesda store open 6 a.m.-3 p.m. daily with drinks, beans & pastries. Use the Quartermaine app or call 301-718-2853. Also: $5 flat-rate shipping with $30 minimum for beans shipped to your door. Click on the person next to the shopping cart at www.quartermaine.com.
- Talbert’s Ice & Beverage Service, beer & wine delivery. 5234 River Road. Phone: 301-652-3000. Open for walk-ins and as always, delivering beer & wine throughout MoCo, plus ice, sodas & mixers to the DMV. talbertsice.com.
- Scout & Molly’s Boutique, your North Bethesda fashion destination. Temporarily closed at Pike & Rose, but now online at 30% off total purchase + free shipping. Check out our Instagram for weekly giveaways to promote positive vibes. Call us: 301-348-5047. Shop: northbethesda.scoutandmollys.com.
ONLINE & LIVE CLASSES
- Park Potomac Yoga is offering multiple virtual live and interactive Zoom classes daily. Beginner, mixed, advanced and private sessions available. New students welcome! www.parkpotomacyoga.com. Email us at email@example.com to get started.
Are you open too? Click here to advertise in our guide.