Next up for Rockville: An all-Asian food court
Coming soon to the new Metropolitan apartment building near Rockville Town Square: an all-Asian food court featuring everything from poke bowls and Taiwanese street food to cocktails and bubble tea. “It’s going to be called The Spot, and it will be the hottest place in Rockville by next summer,” says broker Shang Wang of JBG Companies, who’s finalizing the tenant list for the North Washington Street complex. Among that list will be the Taiwanese bubble tea chain Gong Cha, which is moving into Maryland after a three-year expansion around the New York area. Click here to check out the menu.
New restaurants for Rio Washingtonian
New dining and drinking options are on the way to Gaithersburg’s Rio Washingtonian Center. Just for the holidays, this week marks the launch of a Friday-only pop-up bar on the plaza across from Uncle Julio’s. (Click here for details). Next comes Poki District, a fast-expanding D.C. chain that will debut this spring near the movie theater. And Yard House, a craft beer and cocktail chain from Darden Restaurants, will replace the closed Macaroni Grill in 2019. Click here for a preview.
New Cava for Shady Grove
Cava has opened its newest Rockville restaurant at the Upper Rock retail complex on Shady Grove Road, where its neighbors will include CVS and MOM’s Organic Market. Two other Cavas also are on the way to this area, one now under construction at Montrose Crossing on Rockville Pike (details here) and the other at Cabin John Shopping Center in Potomac (details here).
Who won our raffle?
Congratulations to the winners of the Store Reporter raffle from last weekend’s Washington Hebrew Congregation Sisterhood Holiday Boutique & Silent Auction. Here’s who got lucky this year:
- Shannon Zlotnik and Randi Poli each won $15 gift certificates for workout wear by LavaLoka (www.lavaloka.com).
- Naomi Samuels won a sampler pack of edible cookie dough from The Cookie Jar DC (https://www.thecookiejardc.com).
- Barbara Faigen won a $25 gift certificate for Lost & Forged, specializing in gifts made from reclaimed silver (www.lostandforged.com).
- Lauren Topf won a $30 gift certificate for kids’ clothing from PixieLane Kids (click for more on Facebook).
- Nancy Paul won a gift certificate for $25 in hair accessories from Bows Etc. (bows etc.com).
- Jamie Kramer won a child’s fleece blanket from Perfect Presents by Pamela (click for more on Facebook).
Stay tuned for more Store Reporter giveaways this winter. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Leave a Reply